10 Signs You Are Addicted To Makeup | The Odyssey Online

10 Signs You Are Addicted To Makeup

When you REALLY love makeup, it takes over your life in more ways than one.

31
10 Signs You Are Addicted To Makeup
google.com

I have a makeup addiction. There, I said it. Does that mean I am going to stop buying so much makeup or wear less of it? No, no it does not, and I know I am not alone!

If you are obsessed with makeup, then I am pretty sure that you will relate to this. Here are 10 ways that makeup has taken over your life:

You're always running late for one reason.

Anyone who loves winged eyeliner knows the struggle of creating not one, but two perfectly even wings. Even though it is a difficult task, you can't leave home without it, and it generally takes the longest to do out of everything in your routine! So when the person that is waiting for you asks why you took so long, at least you have an excuse!

When all the signs point to one decision but your obsession prevails.

You can ask the opinion of everyone you know and be told "no" 100 times, but we both know that you are going to buy that new lipstick because it's the perfect shade of pink you needed.

You look at your bank account and realize what you've done.

This is the regret stage of buying makeup without a doubt. Oh well, you bought it, might as well enjoy it!

The internal battle you face when deciding if you should buy that new makeup palette.

How could you not buy the newest eye shadow palette? It has colors you don't have, and you'll need those. Right?

The sad and painful realization that your mascara is about to be ruined because of a sneeze.

Applying your mascara is a delicate process. You awkwardly position your face so you don't smudge the product on your eyelid, and then, when you finish applying the mascara, you wait for it to dry. So when you feel a sneeze coming on, you fight it, because you know your hard work will be ruined. When you sneeze, you can't help but close your eyes, and when mascara is wet, this is not an option.

Being completely annoyed because someone who doesn't like to wear makeup decided to comment on yours.

Makeup isn't for everyone, and that is okay, but let's not tear down others for enjoying that extra shimmer on their cheek!

The feeling of being accomplished when you learn a new technique or perfect the way you do your makeup.

It's amazing the difference a little contour can do to your makeup!

The initial feeling you get when your makeup turns out perfectly.

Makeup is meant to accentuate a person's features, so when it turns out perfectly, you can't help but feel like a beautiful princess.

Then followed by a wash of sadness, because it's time to wipe it off.

When bedtime comes along, it's almost painful to wash your hard work away.

How you feel when someone compliments your hard work.

You brush it off like it was no big deal. In reality, you know darn well that it was the most difficult thing you did all day.

You may be addicted to makeup, but at least you know how to blend your eye shadow!