10 Signs Your Mother Is Your Best Friend

There's no one I'd rather tell me to clean my room every day.

105
Erika Giordano

My mother has always been a huge role model for me. She has been there for me when I was right and happily there for me when I was wrong. She is my absolute best friend and I have no shame in admitting it. I do not believe the cliche saying "your parents shouldn't be your friend," because my mom acting not only as a mother figure to me but as a best friend has truly guided me and helped me become the woman I am today. My mom has been there for me no matter what time of day or night. I can only wish to be half the mother she has been to me when I grow up. She is my inspiration in life and the reason I work hard every day. There's no one out there like my mother and I'm sure many daughters can relate.

1. Your mom can read your mind.

She knows when you are sad or mad. It's like she can sense how you're feeling from miles away. She also knows when you're about to do something she doesn't approve of.

2. You know you can call her at any point in the day to complain or to tell her good news.

She will listen to your ridiculous complaining about how you chipped your nail or got a bad grade on a quiz. She will listen to you complain for minutes or hours; she's probably learned to tune it out, but she still sits there and at least pretends to listen.

3. Being able to tell her anything without fear or judgement.

The best secret keeper is your mother. You never have to worry about her telling anyone. You never have to worry about her judging you because she will love you through even your dumbest mistakes. The love she has for you is unconditional.

4. You don't need to communicate through words, you exchange looks.

When you see that person wearing some bizarre outfit you automatically look at your mother and burst out in laughter.

5. You want honesty, she's the one to go to.

She's the kind of person who gives you brutal honesty, the things you never want to hear but she tells you anyway, out of love. If she doesn't tell you that you look fat in that shirt, no one will... and you will go around looking bad in that shirt. Either way, you love your mother, she knows you will eventually get over it and potentially thank her.

6. She gives the wisest advice, it's like she's been in your place before.

It's probably because she has been in your exact place before. She has experienced heartache and guy problems before, she knows the ins and outs of men and relationships. If she says "don't text him back," she's probably right. Mothers know best and only want the best for you.

7. She's always on your side.

Even when you are completely wrong, she will tell you that you are wrong, but she will love you anyway. She will defend every wrong decision and mistake you've made. Sometimes after she will say "told you so." But It's okay because it's a relief to know you'll have someone there to love you unconditionally, even when you mess up. After all, we are humans we make mistakes.

8. You share clothes.

As you get older you look through your mom's clothes and start to think, "Hey that's kinda cute." When you have reached this point you have reached a whole new level of mother/daughter bonding. Your closets become one.

9. You fight like siblings.

Followed by crying to each other about how much you love each other. You don't agree on anything or you agree on everything but are so similar you both take everything the wrong way. You both get annoyed at each other for the same things and argue over nothing. But the love always prevails.

10. She supports you in everything you do.

My mother has always been my biggest supporter. She has been there for every cheer competition, every gymnastics meet, every play, musical and every award ceremony. She continues to support me throughout my college experience always guiding me to make the right decisions in my academic life as well as my social life. She has stood back and watched me shine since I was born.

My mother has been there for me every step of the way and I could never thank her enough for the support she has given me. Through everything in my life, my mom has cried when I cried, she has smiled when I smiled, she has been more angry than sad when I was sad, she has comforted me when life has thrown me some curve balls. She has shown me how to rise from any situation and make the best of it. She showed me how to never take life for granted but to cherish every moment and day I have. She has showed me how to love. My mother is who I aspire to be in life. I hope to become anything similar to the selfless, beautiful woman my mother is one day. I hope to treat and be there for my future children like she has done for me and my brother. She has shown me how to love, care and to always stay true to myself I will never be able to thank her enough for that.