10 Places That Should Be On Your Bucket List | The Odyssey Online

10 Places That Should Be On Your Bucket List

These are a must.

35

Everybody has a bucket list. Whether that be a bucket list for things we want to do before a certain age, a list for things to do before you graduate college, whatever the reason may be we all have a list of things we want to do in life. If you have a travel bucket list make sure these places are on it, trust me, you won't regret visiting such beautiful places.

1. Cape Town, South Africa

Cape Town is known for the Cape of Good Hope, Table Mountain and of course, being one of the major host cities of the 2010 FIFA World Cup. It is the third most populated city in South Africa and is home to the notorious prison where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned on Robben Island. Cape Town is filled with rich history, breath taking views and a whole lot of culture.

2. São Paulo, Brazil

When people think of ‘Brazil’ they automatically think of Rio, but let’s not forget about Brazil’s second most known city- São Paulo. São Paulo is among the world’s most populated cities and is Brazil’s most populated city. The city has a heavy finance, international, and arts and entertainment influence seeing as it’s often called the ‘melting pot’ of Brazil. Its architecture, awe-inspiring skyscrapers, and amazing nightlife entertainment make São Paulo a desirable destination.

3. Dubai, United Arab Emirates

If you wish to visit the world’s tallest building and be amazed by an incredible skyline filled with skyscrapers and iconic architecture, then Dubai is the place for you. Dubai has made a name for itself by being the most populated city in the United Arab Emirates and for serving as an international hub for business, tourism and shopping. Without a doubt, Dubai is definitely a sight to see.

4. Sydney, Australia

Sydney, Australia is the world’s most multicultural city with more than 250 different languages spoken in Sydney and close to one-third of the inhabitants speaking a language in addition of English. Sydney is home to the renowned Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge. If you’re looking for a great place to ring in the New Year then look no further because Sydney’s New Year’s celebrations are the biggest in Australia. Sydney also has beaches that are ideal for taking a vacation and give you the opportunity to enjoy all the city has to offer.

5. Madrid, Spain

Despite its modern infrastructure, Madrid is still a destination to put on your list if you’re looking to find those gorgeous historical architectural sites of past generations and get a real feel for all of the culture and art that embodies the city. Madrid has done a stupendous job in maintaining the look and feel of its neighborhoods and landmarks. Visit the Royal Palace of Madrid, one of its many museums or catch a good old game of football by cheering on one of its two clubs- Real Madrid or Atlético de Madrid.

6. Santorini, Greece

Having been a victim of a disastrous 16th century volcanic eruption, Santorini is now a must, on places to visit. Its beautiful beaches with crystal clear waters, array of five star hotels and being one of the most romantic destinations in the world will make you want to book a flight here asap! Santorini’s beautiful sunsets and classic Greek architecture provide a stunning sight for tourists and natives alike.

7. Punta Mita, Mexico

With its ideal temperatures between 75 degrees Fahrenheit and 85 degrees Fahrenheit year round and surrounded on three sides by almost 10 miles of clear-water beaches, this Mexican beachfront village is a lesser known but ideal vacation spot. There is more to this city than just being a vacation spot for well-known celebrities such as Orlando Bloom and Demi Moore, the city has evidence of pre-historic human settlement. Complete with whale watching, surfing and diving, resorts and historic background, Punta Mita has a little bit of something for everyone.

8. Tokyo, Japan

Japan’s capital and largest city (and of the world) is known for maintaining a status of ultra modernism and traditionalism with its vibrant city life with a famous food scene and lit up skyscrapers along with ancient temples and traditional villages. Becoming a hotspot for travelers among recent years has allowed Tokyo to grow into one of the most successful and developed countries in the world. Because of this, there are many places to visit, stores to shop in, restaurants to eat in and loads of culture and history to learn about.

9. Culebra, Puerto Rico

Culebra is located about 17 miles east of Puerto Rico’s mainland and is a popular weekend getaway for residents and tourists alike. Home to the second ranked exotic beach in the world, Culebra offers some of the most beautiful clear water beaches. Culebra is classified as a nature reserve and because of its distance from the mainland there is no major pollution or runoff into the waters. Culebra is a small-populated island that offers a humble yet astounding opportunity to disconnect from the world and enjoy the beauty of it all.

10. New York City, United States

The Empire State building, the Statue of Liberty, the MET, and Times Square are only a few of NYC’s staples that make it a hot travel destination for people of all ages and with all different types of interests. NYC is one of the fashion capitals of the world and has a great variety of stores and restaurants that will fill everyone’s wishes. Labeled as “the city that never sleeps” New York City is filled with art, fashion, food and nightlife -it’s no wonder it’s considered as the “heart” of the world.

These are only some of many other great places to visit and that should be on your travel bucket list. I've got three out of ten visited, only seven more to go!