10 Things That Are Inevitably Going To Happen Over Thanksgiving Break | The Odyssey Online

10 Things That Are Inevitably Going To Happen Over Thanksgiving Break

These are some things that no matter what we do, are going to happen when every college student goes home for Thanksgiving

25
humortxt.info

The first break of our academic year always brings about the same experiences. While not all of them are bad, there are a few things that everyone wishes we could just skip.

1. SLEEP!

And lots of it! After a week with five exams, three essays and a few sleepless nights there is no such thing as too much sleep.

2. Long cuddle sessions with our furry friends

TLC doesn’t just have to come from people.

3. Trying to avoid every public location

And then when you finally decide to risk it, basically every single person that you didn’t want to see from high school is there. Never mind that you are in your rattiest pair of sweatpants, because all of your other clothes are dirty and your hair is all over the place.

4. Since all of your clothes from school are dirty

Laundry at school is way more work than you have the motivation to do at school, so you are going to be doing at least 5 million loads of laundry in the short time you are home.

5. After those embarrassing run-ins with the people you didn’t want to see

there will be plenty of time to spend time with those few friends that you kept in touch with over the semester and are actually excited to see.

6. Eat lots and lots of edible, real food

instead of the dining hall food and all of those interesting college recipes you came up with on your own. Nothing beats a good old home cooked meal, and there’s no better time than Thanksgiving for good food.

7. Spending some time with the siblings

People say absence makes the heart grow fonder and even though they didn’t mean sibling love sometimes not all being under the same roof makes the time you spend together all the more valuable

8. Getting asked, by basically everyone you talk to, how college is going?

Do you know what you want to do yet? Are you doing better than last year because? No matter how many times people ask it’s still depressing to have to keep explaining that no, you don’t have your life together yet, but there are still a couple of years for that.

9. Getting roped into going to at least one family outing by your mom

Who will, of course, use the excuse that you have been gone for so long and this is just the perfect opportunity to all spend time together. But hey you never know it might not be the worst thing ever…

10. At some point you will probably think about...

all of the homework that you said you were going to accomplish, and then just decide to wait and do it. That’s what Sunday nights are for anyway right?

When it's all said and done, Thanksgiving Break has more good sides than bad, and there just might be a few moments we would all like to skip.