My 10 Favorite Korean Albums Of 2016

My 10 Favorite Korean Albums Of 2016

A lot of good music was released this year not just in America, but also Korea.

45
My 10 Favorite Korean Albums Of 2016
Mnet Entertainment

I'm finally going to stop lying to people. I'm a really big fan of Korean music. I can't deny my friends and family any longer. I've really liked it for a few years now. Sorry, mother. This is who I am.

[DISCLAIMER: It's not really common for Korean groups to release full albums, so there are a few albums here that are "mini albums".]

10) SHINee's 1and1

SHINee is a 5 member boy group who are very talented. Honesty, this album would have been higher on my list if it wasn't repackaged from 1 of 1. The original song was full of exciting retro music that you could listen to over and over again without getting bored. Once it was repackaged, they added a few more songs that I wasn't as impressed with. Putting them aside, This album is still really impressive and full of talent.

9) Lovelyz's A New Trilogy

Lovelyz's is a 7 member girl group who releases cute and fun music. While a lot of people aren't fans of this cutesy music, Lovelyz does it perfectly. All their concepts are bright and fluffy, but that doesn't stop their music from being high quality and catchy. I personally think this is their best album so far!

8) VIXX's Ker

VIXX is a 6 member boy group who always releases unique concepts and music. The album Ker was originally released in three parts throughout the year, but they merged them all together into one album. I feel like I'm saying this for every artist, but their music really is different than what you usually see in Kpop. They take a lot of risks and I really admire that.

7) Mamamoo's Melting

Mamamoo is a 4 member girl group who is well-known for having some of the most talented voices in the Korean pop industry. Even while performing live, they successfully belt out high notes perfectally. This album is overall more calm and makes for really good background music while your cleaning or working. There's only one song on this album that I really don't like (the very first one). Other than that, this whole album is amazing!

6) Red Velvet's Russian Roulette

Red Velvet is a 5 member girl group that has been releasing extremely unique music since they debuted. This mini-album is no exception. It might actually be my favorite album from them. Their harmonizing and talent is no joke and fits with their upbeat music.

5) EXID's Street

EXID is a 5 member girl group who recently found fame in 2015 for their single "Up&Down". They really are the queen's of dance pop music and have an amazing charisma on stage. They are all really talented girls and it shows in their first full album Street. It became a favorite album of mine. I listen to it every time I have a long drive.

4) Laboum's Love Sign

While this isn't a full album, I had to include it on this list. Laboum is a 6 member girl group that always releases adorable and light-hearted music that makes any listener happy. Love Sign is a little bit different though. While it still has these girls' originality, it's a bit more intense than what we're used to. All of the songs have a strong beat and an exciting chorus. As a really big fan, I was so proud of this mini album.

3) Luna's Free Somebody

Luna, originally in the 4 member girl group F(x), released her very first solo act this year and I couldn't be happier! She has a strong and exciting voice that anyone could love. The way she sings just lets you know that she really loves doing what she does and that can improve music by so much.

2) Lee Hi's Seoulite

After releasing her first album First Love and then disappearing 2 years, 20 year old singer Lee Hi released her album Seoulite. I'm a really big fan of hers, and her smooth voice was the first thing I fell in love with when I heard her music. This album knows how to lift me up when I'm feeling down. Every song is just so sweet and beautiful.

1) B1A4's Good Timing

B1A4 is a 5 member boy group who I really like because of their personal style and originality. The moment I heard this album, I knew it was my favorite of this year. It has a beautiful balance between calm and exciting music. Every song is unique and I'm impressed every time I listen to it. Out of all 13 songs, there isn't one I don't love.