10 Cartoons That Made Your Childhood Worth It

78

When I was little, cartoons were my favorite part about my day! My brothers and I would get ready to watch the shows together, especially "Pokemon." Here are the shows that, as a kid, I would watch so many times that I still love them to this day! Seeing some of these television series today, it's crazy the hidden messages each show has. I am a 90's baby, and I think overall Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, and Nickelodeon were my most popular networks to watch as a kid. The shows that I listed have their special story behind them, as well as the personal connection I had to them. All these shows, plus many more, made my childhood completely worth it and makes me wish today to go back to those simpler times!

It was super hard to choose only 10, but hopefully some of the shows I listed bring back memories of what shows you used to watch in your childhood.

"Spongebob Squarepants" – I still to this day laugh at Spongebob. He gives me life, he's yellow, and no one laughs like he does.

"Power Puff Girls" – I wanted to be Buttercup because she was pretty awesome. Oh, and I knew all the words to the intro each time the show went on air.

"Looney Tunes" – Bugs Bunny was the best, of course, but the original "Looney Tunes" will forever be my favorite of the cartoons to watch.

"Kim Possible" – I remember being so happy when Ron and Kim got together in the end; but Kim was so hardcore that I wanted to fight crime just like her.

"The Proud Family" – I watched this when it first came out until the end of the series, and it was one of my top shows each week!

"Pokemon" – My brothers and I collected the cards so that we could battle each other. It was so much fun, and I loved the water-type Pokemon the most.

"Popeye the Sailor Man" – My mom loves this show (still does) so I used to watch it with her all the time, and wanted to be as strong as Popeye was, of course.

"Sailor Moon" – I used to know every word of this show because I watched it so much, and I copied all the transformations the sailors did.

"Digimon" – The original of course is my favorite, and I really wanted to have a Digimon, but I collected some of them with my brothers.

"Tom and Jerry" – I liked watching Jerry always get away from Tom. It was super entertaining to me, and I used to wonder why they didn't speak sometimes.

After writing these, I can't believe how many years ago they were made and how much I have grown since then! What were your favorite cartoons that made your childhood worth it? Leave it in the comments below!