10 Life Lessons Paper Towns Taught Us

10 Life Lessons Paper Towns Taught Us

This hilariously witty book addresses some really deep topics and gives its readers some awesome life advice.

6458
10 Life Lessons Paper Towns Taught Us
Paper Towns Movie

1. Do not forget to dream.

Sure, not all of our wildest dreams will come true, but in the words of our daydream-worthy book crush, Quetin Jacobsen, "If you don't imagine, nothing ever happens at all." We are reminded that if we are too scared to even imagine the possibilities of the future, then there is no way they will be accomplished.

2. Give your child a six-syllable name.

It automatically gives them an advantage in life. Like Margo Roth Spiegelman, your child's name will be spoken with reverence as others are in awe of their six syllable glory.

3. Be confident!

"Here's a tip: you're cut when you're confident. And less when you're not." The cutting advice of a sleep-deprived Margo Roth Spiegelman, reminds us that being confident in ourselves and our individual talents are the key to being our best selves.

4. Stacy's Mom needs to move over because she has nothing on Mrs. Jacobsen.

Quentin's best friend AKA Ben harbors an intense love/borderline obsession with Mrs. Jacobsen that suggests Quentin's mom's definitely got it going on.

5. Invest in a minivan.

But like really, they are underrated mini tanks. After surviving an accident with several wandering cows, a massive beer spill, a 21 hour straight road trip, and doubling as a fully functioning house with two "bedrooms," the minivan option deserves some respect.

6. Don't judge a book by its cover.

Yeah, it's cliché, but Paper Towns echoes a childhood lesson that we all need to hear once in a while: get to know people on a personal level. Quentin explains, "Like a metaphor rendered incomprehensible by its ubiquity there was room enough in what she had left me for endless imaginings, for an infinite set of Margos."

7. You really need to get an Omnictionary account.

But like, is this a real thing? It should be. Acting as an all-purpose encyclopedia, instant messaging cite, and location device, Omnictionary is pure genius.

8. You can survive anything life throws at you.

"Yea, I know. I'm not saying that everything is survivable. Just that everything except the last thing is." - Quentin Jacobsen

9. "Everyone gets a miracle"

According to Quentin, everyone gets a miracle. This mantra repeated throughout the novel explains that everyone is granted a miracle in their life or something special. While not everyone will be honored with the joy of seeing it rain frogs or stepping foot on Mars, something happens to each of us that makes our lives unique and purposeful.

10. How to say goodbye.

(All images found on Google)