11 Of The Best Rides In Six Flags St. Louis

Have a Six Flags Day!

2769
connectingstlouis.com

It is a truth universally acknowledged that no two Six Flags parks are the same. There is diversity among the layouts, rides available and even the food stands. Six Flags St. Louis, however, is a park very near and dear to my heart and so, without further ado, here are some of my favorite rides and why:

11. The Joker

So basically this ride holds a special place in my heart because I was always way too scared to ride Batman as a kid and since The Joker was right next to it, it made for a good distraction from my fear. I could still feel like I was a thrill-seeker without having a panic attack.

10. Skyscreamer

This ride may look intimidating, but don't be fooled by its height. Skyscreamer is actually one of the most relaxing rides you will ever go on. It's the closest experience I've had to flying, which automatically makes me feel like I'm cooler than I really am. And after walking around in the park all day, your feet will welcome this opportunity with open arms.

9. Thunder River

Normally I'm against water rides because they're breeding grounds for bacterial infections disguised as fun (DON'T EVER GO ON THE TIDAL WAVE) but this ride made me change my mind. The only drawback is that this ride has two extremes. You either don't get wet at all or you do get wet and have to sit in the water until the end of the ride. Still, the raft drains quickly, so you hardly notice it and it's a lot of fun trying to see which side of the raft will get drenched by the waterfall.

8. Log Flume

Yass, favorite water ride, yass. It's clean, safe and fun. The water is constantly aerated and it's nice to cool off during a hot summer day.

7. Pandemonium

Originally called Tony Hawk's Big Spin, Pandemonium consists of four-person cars shaped as Skateboards that spin as the ride progresses. Yep, that's right. The cars themselves spin 360 degrees while speeding through sharp turns and edges all around the track. It definitely lives up to its name.

6. River King Mine Train

This may seem like a baby ride at first, but the tunnel drop at the end is not for the faint of heart. The sudden drop through the darkness is enough to trigger some nightmares from your childhood, but overall it's pretty chill.

5. Screamin' Eagle

Don't ask me why I get the urge to scream the National Anthem when dropping from the top. Though this ride is older, it's drops and sharp corners will never go out of style. And predicting if you'll end up in blue car or red is always a good way to pass the time in line. (You always want blue car, blue car is the only fun one.)

4. The BOSS

I'm still a little salty about losing my sunglasses to the Boss' incredibly fast speed and sharp turns, but it was worth it in the long run. This ride truly lives up to its name. Just don't go on it twice in a row or you might throw up.

3. American Thunder

Originally named after the daredevil, Evel Knievel, this ride is awesome and totally worth the wait. It's relatively new, so it's not as rickety as older rides like The Boss and the Screamin' Eagle. It's got speed, drops, twists and turns. Your only regret will be that it's over.

2. Mr. Freeze

This ride may look intimidating because it totally is. It took me YEARS to fight off the irrational fear of dying when I even glanced at this ride. Once I finally did, I felt like I could conquer any obstacles in my life. In this ride, you're shot out of a tunnel and taken 90 degrees up and back through a loop. The normal version shoots you forward out of a tunnel, but I like reverse blast better. Not being able to realize my fate and seemingly facing the unknown is always more comforting. The ride goes really fast, which almost makes the wait unjustifiable, but that thought won't even cross your mind once you're done as you'll still be wondering who you are. Overall, it's really fun ride and the time it takes to remember who you are afterwards isn't that long. I'm not even sure I can really sum up the experience in my own words, so I'll quote her majesty, Lana Del Rey, instead. To the next person in line, "I don't even know what I'm saying, but I'm praying for you."

1. Batman: The Ride

What would this park be without the presence of the Dark Knight? BORING. Batman is the very first ride to greet you from the parking lot and if it's not your first and last ride of the day, I'm judging you. Everyone says hold out for the very first row, but honestly just take what you can get. The wait is almost always the longest aside from Mr. Freeze, but that's because it's an experience you cannot miss. Drops, turns, loops and corkscrews are included.

So next time you're wondering about where to start in the greatest Six Flags ever, don't.

Stick to this list and remember to have a Six Flags day!