6 Friends Groups That You Make In College

You love them all the same.

211

College is a time for growing, learning, and having a good time. Friends come and go in college. Between classes, extracurricular activities, and different living situations, we as college students are bound to create new connections while others fade. Have you ever noticed the different friend groups that you make in college?

1. Your home friends.

It's no secret that many of us do not attend the same colleges as our childhood and high school friends. Different academic interests, financial situations, and overall preferences drive us all to different schools in different parts of the world. However, we can always count on our home friends to be there during summer vacation, Thanksgiving weekend, the holidays, spring break, and all of the other long weekends that most college students spend at home.

2. Your roommates.

Whether you like it or not, your roommates have to be your friends. We often end up living with friends (and sometimes getting sick of them) but at the end of those long days, it's your roommates waiting to welcome you home and hang out with you.

3. Your class friends.

Even though you make friends through different aspects of social life in college, you are forced to sit through classes with specific people. As you advance into your junior and senior year, your core classes are done and you really start to focus on major courses, which means you start to befriend people in your program of study. You also will probably end up forming study groups with these people. Similar academic interests and class struggles makes for some really close friendships!

4. Your extracurricular friends.

Then you have that group of friends that you met in a club or activity on campus. Whether it's your theatre friends, your teammates, your fellow Student Government senators, or your co-workers at your part-time job, you love spending time with these friends and working on something together.

5. Your "going out" friends.

We all have them. Those few people that you know that you can shoot a quick text to on Thursday afternoon saying "Hey, wanna go out tonight?" and you know that the response will always be positive. They are the most fun people to drink and dance with, and you love just hanging out with them.

6. Your best friends.

Perhaps this includes some members of the other groups above, but your best friends are always there. Whether they are a hundred miles away at another school, sleeping in the bed across the room from you, taking notes next to you, performing on stage with you, at the bar with you, or someone that you just met during your first few weeks of school, we all have best friends that make our lives a little easier.

Here's to the many great friends that we make throughout college!