Why Elizabeth Warren Should Be Our Next Vice President

if Bernie Sanders becomes president, she could indeed be our vice president.

42
Why  Elizabeth Warren Should Be Our Next Vice President

Elizabeth Warren could, in fact, be our next vice president. If she is, it would be a great thing for our economy and future! Why you might ask? Warren has been a senator from Massachusetts since Jan. 3, 2013. She is 66-years-old, has two daughters, and is a woman we all should be paying attention to for her commitment to helping women and our economy.

Warren is very adamant about helping our economy and reducing our debt. Some of you may be thinking, "blah, boring," but the truth is, Millennials really need to heed the staggering $18.2 trillion debt we have as a country. This level of debt is going to drastically change all of our lives when we are out of school.

Think about it: If the debt toll keeps going up, we are not going to have Social Security or any money to help us when we retire (unless you have a stash of your own, which I recommend you do!). If the country's debt keeps increasing, so will our taxes, and then eventually, our economy will collapse.

This wouldn't be a little recession; it would be a much more drastic event that would cause everything we need and want to stop being supplied.

So with this knowledge, it is very important we find politicians who really want to improve our debt crisis. Whether you know a lot about it or not, we as citizens of this country need to be prepared. That is why we need Elizabeth Warren!

She has a law degree, which shows that she has experience handling analysis in bankruptcy and middle-class personal finance. She can help us figure out what we need to do to keep the economy from crashing and has proven many times in debates about the economy that she knows what she is taking about.

Since Warren is a Democrat, people automatically assume she will look at the economy as being half full and revolving around "Well we are making more jobs so we don't need to worry about how inflation is actually ruining those jobs being given in the first place", but in reality she provides the problems in our economy and also gives resolutions for those issues. She is a very intelligent woman, and the one woman I know I'd be able to trust with my money.

Another huge thing she is doing is standing up for us women and our rights. This summer, Warren recently addressed her stance on Planned Parenthood explaining how important women's health is, and how upset she is that our government is trying to take that away from us by defunding Planned Parenthood.

It's so amazing to have a woman politician who is adamant about helping women and keeping our rights to free birth control, cancer screenings, and abortions available.

So if Bernie Sanders happens to become our next president in 2016, Elizabeth Warren would be an amazing addition to his staff.