Why I'm Team Tattoo | The Odyssey Online

Why I'm Team Tattoo

Take a look at why tattoos should be respected and even embraced

48
Why I'm Team Tattoo
tattoomagz.com

The 21st century has certainty had a rise of popularity in tattoos. There are more people getting tattoos than before. Now, there will always be people that don't like tattoos, and maybe you are one of them. Instead of sitting back and judging tattoos, you can sit back and take note that tattoos are a form of art and an important way of self-expression. Sometimes, you just need a different perspective on things; here are 7 different ways of looking at tattoos if you aren't a fan on them.

1. They show your personality.

There is nothing that describes a person better than something they chose to put on themselves for the rest of their lives. They could have a bible quote, which shows their dedication to their religion. They could have flowers, because they think sunflowers are absolutely beautiful. The list goes on.

2. They don’t have to be sentimental.

Tattoos are art. You could get tattoos of a geometric pattern on your arm not because it has some deep awesome meaning, but because you think it looks extremely cool.

3. They can be sentimental

Tattoos are on you for the rest of your life, so if you need to remember something you might as well get it tattooed on you. There are countless ways to represent life events, people, places, situations etc through tattoos. The possibilities are endless. You never know the story behind a persons tattoo.

4. Your tattoos are for you, not anyone else.

When you get a tattoo you get it for yourself. You didn’t get it so other people can look at it and tell you it looks trashy or stupid. If you like your tattoo, then you rock it.

5. You can show them off.

Get a full sleeve, hell, get two full sleeves. Find an amazing artist and tattoo everything you love on your arms. Tell a story, make a joke, do whatever you want but flaunt your awesome ink wherever you go. And make sure you ask the people who stare to take a picture.

6. You can hide them.

There is nothing wrong with getting small delicate tattoos in hidden places. If you want a tattoo that is private and just for you to know it is there, do it. Like I said before, your tattoos are for you so it doesn't really matter if anyone else can see them or not.

7. "What will those look like when you get older?"

They will still look awesome, and you'll still look like a bad ass.

You can love them or hate them but tattoos are here to stay. They are becoming even more popular with younger generations to come. Who knows, maybe a few decades from now we will sit back in history class and learn about the rise of tattoos as self expression from the Millennial generation. In any case, your tattoos are who you are. Show them off, be proud, love yourself and smile at the haters staring.