Block Party Yaking

Block Party Yaking

54
Block Party Yaking

The Hoos have taken over Charlottesville once more, which means Yik Yak is back in full swing. And with block party this past weekend, that means the Hoos are too.

Between block party and moving in, this weekend's yaks were especially entertaining. Here they are for your entertainment, the best yaks of block party weekend.

Editor's Note: Yaks were lightly edited.

Finally home. Wahoowa. 

I had no idea Rice Krispies were actually made of rice. I thought it was just a cool name. 

No first year, orange cargos are NOT UVA. 

Sad that Batman has never seen a PG movie cause he never had parental guidance. 

Could everybody please go out and start drinking? Netflix has really slowed down since the rest of you got here. 

Interestingly, the Southern Hemisphere sorority girls are unable to "odd." 

I eat my breakfast at 2 a.m. at Christian's like a normal person. 

Ninth layer of hell: Bed, Bath & Beyond on first year move-in day 

First year move-in day... grounds looks like a used Suburban dealership. 

Just heard a first year say Newcomb food was the best food he's ever had. Should I call child services on his parents? 

We accept the naps we think we deserve. 

The University of Virginia. I feel classy just typing it out. 

Things I learned last night: booty calls are much less effective as a group message. 

I'm not saying that she looks to date gentlemen who have acquired wealth, but she certainly is not conversing with those with a low annual income. 

Vlad Putin: Just heard a first year make two Malaysian airline jokes. One got no response, and the other got shut down. 

I thought it was just a rumor, but I'm stunned by the amount of beautiful people here. 

Dumplings. Oh dear Lord, dumplings. 

Tomorrow, half of all first year girls will be posting in the 2018 group about their lost phone and ID on 14th. 

Here you can see the first year male in his natural habitat, desperately searching for frat parties and alcohol in order to succeed in mating habits. 

More excited for block party than I've ever been for Christmas morning 

New challenge: pour a bucket of wet cement on your head to raise awareness for UVA construction. 

No Mom, a booty call and a butt dial are not the same thing. 

Opened a fortune cookie today and a Tech degree fell out. What a bad fortune. 

Snapchat stories are fun because you get to see all the things you weren't invited to. 

According to weather.com, the rain is supposed to stop from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. Even Mother Nature loves block party. 

First year tip: Chi Alpha mug party is the biggest frat party of the year. 

Share a Coke with: Rum. 

Block party is just trick or treating for alcohol. 

Notice to all first years: Block party has been moved to the student activities center because of the rain. You're welcome. 

I've never seen a pregnant Asian woman. 

That first year with a key attached to a lanyard wearing it like a necklace as if UVA were Zoey 101

Living on Wertland: every single person you've met in college suddenly becomes your best friend right before the block party. 

So I should probably get my life together because school... But, after tonight. #priorities 

We could probably end world hunger with the amount of crumbs produced from a Nature Valley Bar. 

When you streak now, do you look through the fence and say "Good night, Mr. Construction Worker"? 

UVA Squirrels: Things are gonna get kinda nuts tonight. 

Every time I see a bike cop, I picture him as Jonah Hill from 21 Jump Street

I can't wait to see what I put on my Snapchat story tomorrow morning. 

When your phone has 1 percent battery and it 

To all the parents who unknowingly booked the Red Roof Inn on the corner of 14th and Main... Good luck sleeping tonight. 

Block party: Jefferson's vision 

If you can't go home with a girl, go home with a pizza. 

Trinity workers: "Everyone back to dorms!!" 

DEAN GROVES ON WERTLAND. Best convo I've ever had intoxicated. Cheers to fourth year. 

And the question remains: will I lose my phone or my dignity first tonight? 

My roommate is cleaning the solo cups. We poor as ****. 

FiOciifjebxurjbebsic 

Woke up and only thing I remembered is Boylan brunch today. 

I have this new really bad habit when I get drunk of showering people with beer to "raise awareness for sobriety." I am sorry to the people this affected last night. 

You can't regret the decisions you don't remember making. 

Last night I let block party get the best of me, wake up in the morning no hoes lying next to me. 

Fact: As soon as you turn 21, hangovers get 100 times worse. It's just science. 

I have never been held hostage; however, I have been in a group text. 

Town of Charlottesville PSA: Pledges report to Wertland Street for clean up. 

First Year: I thought you guys said Block Party was moved to the Student Activities Building?!? 

Good night, Mr. Jefferson.