Obscure Holidays In November

Obscure Holidays In November

There's more to look forward to than just Thanksgiving!

393
Obscure Holidays In November

The month of November is typically associated with Thanksgiving, but there are also many other random holidays during this month! Enjoy discovering these six obscure holidays that occur during turkey month.

1. Deviled Egg Day

Nov. 2 is Deviled Egg Day. Take this day to spend your time making, eating, and talking about deviled eggs. Finally, a holiday the whole world has been waiting for.

2. Sandwich Day

Hopefully, you are not still stuffed from all of the deviled eggs you’ve eaten, because Nov. 3 is Sandwich Day. Celebrate by finding a new kind of sandwich you’ve never had before, go to Subway, or even just make yourself a good ole ham and Swiss. Sounds like a good day to me!

3. Guy Fawkes Day

“Remember, remember, the fifth of November.” Guy Fawkes Night originates from the Gunpowder Plot of 1605, a failed conspiracy by a group of provincial English Catholics to assassinate the Protestant King James I of England and replace him with a Catholic head of state. It is mainly celebrated in England, but you can commemorate this holiday by watching "V for Vendetta."

4. World Kindness Day

Finally, a holiday in November that is not centered around food. On Nov. 13, you may notice people being a little kinder than usual, because it is World Kindness Day. Although you should be kind 365 days a year, take this day to go out of your way to pay it forward and spread random acts of kindness.

5. Clean Your Refrigerator Day

Taking place on Nov. 15, this is a day everyone can use to finally clean out their fridge and get rid of the avocados that have been chilling in there for too long. I can imagine this day will be filled with things like “How long has this been in here?” and “What even was this?”

6. Have a Bad Day Day

On Nov. 19, go ahead and have a bad day. Maybe your car won’t start, you’re late for work, or it starts raining and you don’t have an umbrella. Whatever bad things happen to you, just embrace them, because that’s what this day is for.

7. National Cashew Day

November must just be the month of food, because so many of the holidays mentioned are about food. Celebrate Nov. 22 by eating cashews, or you could go all out and dress up in a cashew costume and tell everyone about why the cashew is your favorite. Go ahead and go nuts!

8. You're Welcome Day

Thanksgiving is a day to give thanks, so it only makes sense that the day after would be You’re Welcome Day. Spread awareness of good manners today by telling everyone “you’re welcome,” even if they never said thank you. I’m pretty sure that’s what it’s all about.

9. Square Dance Day

Swing your partner round and round, and go ahead and get down because Nov. 29 is Square Dancing Day. Does anyone go square dancing anymore? Maybe this should be a trend again, and today is the perfect day to learn how to square dance and inspire others to do the same.

10. No Shave November

Last but not least, we have No-Shave November. This one is probably a little less obscure, and it’s likely you have heard about it. Take a break from shaving this month and show off your sweet beard or your hairy legs.

So there you have it. If you aren't into turkey, there are still plenty of different obscure things to celebrate during the month of November!