My Life as told by "The Mindy Project"

My Life as told by "The Mindy Project"

She's pretty much my spirit animal.

14
My Life as told by "The Mindy Project"

I have a love for all things pop culture and hilarious, so it's completely understandable that I have a burning love for my new TV addiction "The Mindy Project." I have found that I can relate to the title character, Mindy Lahiri. She's funny, obsessed with pop culture, and is very sassy. Basically, we are the same, minus a few things.

1. I am always stressed.

Famous last words of many a college student. Also, words I have said myself, especially before important tests. I would actually dress up my freshman year on days that I had tests, but that changed my sophomore year when the tests required me to study in the mornings. Now I do it if I need a pick me up because lipstick and a dress make everything better, even I don't feel too great. Also, it masks the fact that I am ball of stress and anxiety.

2. Sometimes I need people to invite me places.

This year has not been the year of social engagements. My friends have often remarked that I stay in more than I actually go out. I have yet to regret leaving my computer unattended for social events that involve being around my friends. I really love hanging out with people, even if my introverted self gets overwhelmed or I am too busy. But seriously, if you invite me, I will probably go.

3. Drama free is the way to be.

So I am a white female, but being caught up in drama is some that I definitely do not need. People concern themselves with petty drama and it isn't for me. Like Mindy, I too have to much going on to be caught up in drama. I experienced enough of it in high school to last me for a lifetime.

4. Venting or binge watching?

I am both of these. I want to share with you a wonderful show, but I also want to share my feelings. It's equally annoying because I have huge quantities of both, and more than likely my feelings concern the show that I am showing you. Or anything Marvel related.

5. Don't let things get to you.

So I have yet to give myself a warrior name, but I do have to remind myself that sometimes I shouldn't let what people say get to me, especially if they don't really know me. They are judging someone that they don't really know, so it's not really me they are judging, right? And also, I am totally a warrior.

6. Boredom is deadly.

Anyone who truly knows me knows that I absolutely love watching TV. I do the bulk of it as I work, but nothing beats being able to relax and binge watch with my mom. But like Mindy, I do not need to be left alone with my thoughts, especially if I am in a stressful mood. Also, I don't like being bored. I cut my own bangs once because I was bored.

7. I have a lot of friends.

I have so many close friends that it is incredibly difficult to label just one as a best friend. They are more than just one person. they area group. I find there is no reason to invest time with someone that I am not going to be friends with. For that reason, I invest a huge amount of time and effort into all my relationships, especially those of my friends. I actually have fewer "friends" than I do "best friends."

8. Most things are temporary.

Making a fool of myself is just something that is temporary, as I often remind myself. I do a lot of it. While I may be mortified in the moment, it doesn't last too long. I don't want my own Kanye, though.

9. My phone is a weapon.

I am so guilty of this that it is not even funny. I have pulled the classic fake a phone call to avoid a conversation. I also pretend to be texting someone if I want to avoid the awkward convos.

10. Sometimes I need a moment.

I have had the days where I want to do nothing but lay on the ground (or my bed) and just sleep my sorrows away. Instead of getting my friends to feed me sour straws, they put "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" in my DVD player for me. It's just as effective with none of the calories.

11. Life sucks some days.

I have also said this phrase many a time. But I also know that those moments are temporary and that hopefully my life will get better. Even if my anxiety tells me otherwise, I know that my life does not truly suck and that I do not truly hate it. I have so many opportunities that others do not have.