15 Ways to Celebrate International Friendship Day

How will you celebrate your friendship?

121
2bhappynow.com

Sunday, Aug. 2 is International Friendship Day — an entire day dedicated to celebrating the relationships we have formed with people that have occupied a special place in our hearts. Have you figured out how you are going to celebrate this fun holiday? If not, let me go ahead and give you a few ideas.

1. Movie Marathon Theme Party
Have a throwback night, watch movies from the '90s and chow down on some snazzy snacks with friends.

2. Iron Chef Night
Make dinner fun and challenge yourself to cook dinner using only what is in your pantry. Perhaps even have your friends do this with dessert and create a new treat that you didn’t know could be created.

3. Go Camping
Go out and embrace the night sky. Make some s’mores, laugh around the camp fire and sing songs all while embracing the genuine friendships that you have created.

4. Discover Trails
Be an explorer for the day and discover new trails around your town and go hiking. Once you’ve reached a decent spot, have a small picnic to sit and catch your breath.

5. Two-Stepping
Gather up a couple of your friends and two-step the night away. Perhaps now is the time you have to learn how to two-step for the next time your friends want to go out and have a good time.

6. Home Music Videos
The best part comes in dressing up as the artist you want to be in your video (Lady Gaga, Chris Brown, Lil Wayne ... the possibilities are endless).

7. Laser Tag
Seriously, this game is very much under appreciated. A competitive game where you can go around sneaking up on friends and shooting them with the lasers? How does this not sound fun!? If you play it right, you’ll feel almost like you’re in "The Matrix," dodging and shooting lasers.

8. Nerf War
Bring out your inner child and have a friendly competition to prove once and for all who is the ultimate Nerf War master.

9. Road Trip
Be spontaneous and get out of town. Take a road trip to the nearest big city and see what fun things you can find there.

10. Geo-Scavenger
Split your friends in two teams sending them in different paths that’ll ultimately meet up in the end, while giving them clues to reach that location. Whoever gets to the location first, wins!

11. Pinterest It U
Have a DIY night with friends and finally make the pins you’ve posted on your “Inspiring Ideas” folder a reality.

12. Go for a Swim
Even if you are nowhere near a swimming pool, river or the beach, the old-school sprinkler out in your backyard never seemed to fail us when we were kids.

13. Hide-N-Seek in the Dark
Hide-n-seek in pure darkness, where the seeker is the only one with a flashlight.

14. Winery Tasting
What better way to embrace friendship than sipping on some fine wine and exchanging memories.

15. Create a Time Capsule
Make a time capsule with all your friends with notes and objects that you want to remember this time in history. Set a date meet up and open it in the far future.

Whether you decide to stay in and watch movies in your pajamas or claim championship in a Nerf War, make sure you thank your friends for ultimately forming you into the unique being you are today. Celebrate these authentic friendships that you’ve formed throughout your lifetime.

"There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship." — Saint Thomas Aquinas