Why Having A Long-Distance Best Friend Is Actually The Best
Long Distance

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

2431

It's inevitable that in life, times will change which means location changes with it. Living just a quick five-minute drive from your best friend may no longer be the case. It can be difficult moving away from your best friend because you cannot go out to eat with them on Friday nights like you once did, barge into their house like you live there too, even though you don't, and run to their side when the whirlwind of life finally catches up with you. Although you two may be having the time of your lives while conquering the world, you still miss one of your favorite people.

But, you soon learn that this distance can actually be better than you previously thought.

1. You always have someone unbiased to tell about your life.

Life can be hard — plain and simple. And, good or bad, it's always nice to have someone to talk to, whether it be about something good or something bad. Having a person that's disconnected from the situation always helps tremendously because they have no preconceived opinions on the topic. Plus, you know your secret is safe with your best friend, not only because you trust this person, but they do not know the people you are talking about.

2. You get to go out of town to visit them.

Although it may seem like a hassle to have to leave town to visit your best friend, it's actually fun. When you've had a bad week or you just need to decompress, you always have somewhere to go and someone to have fun with. Instead of feeling trapped in your city, you have the perfect reason to escape. And what a sweet escape it is.

3. You get to meet their new friends, and they get to meet your new friends.

Congrats! You automatically get to become friends with your best friend's new friends. You are the honorary best friend, so they probably talk about you all of the time anyway.

4. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I've heard that phrase so many times, and I have always thought it was stupid in all honesty. Why would being away from someone make you closer to them? Well, in this case, it's actually true. While your two best friends are both off thriving in your lives, you get to experience all types of people. And, people can be crazy. Getting to experience new people will really make you appreciate the old ones.

5. You get to live vicariously through someone else's life.

You not only get to live it up in whatever you're doing, but you get to live through your best friend too. From constant updates through text, Snapchat or phone calls, you're practically living a double life. And this double life is way better than Hannah Montana's by far.

6. Reuniting is like Christmas and your birthday combined.

Never have I ever been as excited as marking the next meet-up with my long-distance best friend on my calendar. It'll get you through the week, and the anticipation may kill you. Because seeing that person is that exciting.

7. You can go weeks or months without seeing each other, and it's the exact same.

You know the type of people that you have to make a conscious effort with in order to keep the relationship intact? Thankfully, you and your best friend are so close and comfortable with one another that time apart does not impact your relationship in the slightest. Time away from each other is almost like none at all.

8. There's always someone there that knows you better than you know yourself.

It's so easy to lose yourself when you leave the place where you have been rooted for so long. But, when you have a best friend that has known you as long as you've known yourself, you never have to worry about forgetting who exactly that person is.

9. You can always call up your best friend for an honest opinion

As much as you love all of your friends, sometimes they aren't completely honest with you with everything in order to avoid hurting your feelings or the friendship itself. But, your long-distance best friend knows three things for sure: nothing could hinder your friendship, you actually want for them to be honest, and they will not hurt your feelings.

10. You can always count on them and they can always count on you.

When every other person on your new adventure fails you, you still have your long-distance best friend. All you have to do is call, and he/she will listen to you pour your heart out.

11. They are family to you.

When your mom calls and asks how you are, she asks about your best friend too. You get invited to family events, barge into their house, and you are friends with their whole family on Facebook. You two are practically siblings.

12. You always have someone to double date with when you both are in a relationship.

Both of your significant others are basically forced into liking each other because they will have to go on double dates with their two favorite people. Let's hope everyone gets along!

13. Your friendship matters more than the miles separating you.

The distance means nothing when you have such an inseparable bond. There are car drives, plane rides, and phone calls. Nothing can end y'all's friendship — not even a couple hundred miles.