16 Things Everyone Who Grew Up In The Adirondacks Understands

We all know it's the beauty of New York

1100

If you were like me and lucky enough to grow up in the Adirondacks you will know that there are some things only we understand.

1. You get annoyed when you tell people you live in upstate NY and they assume you are from the northern parts of the city.

There is actually more to New York than just the city, thank you very much.

2. The first time you traveled a significant distance you were confused on where the mountains were.

You just assumed that mountains were a part of nature everywhere.

3. The fall season is always breathtaking

There is not a more beautiful sight than fall in the Adirondacks.

4. Actually every season is breathtaking

You see everyone come vacation to come see this sight, but you get to see it all the time.

5. You know that it's not actually fall if you didn't go apple picking.

There are so many places to go pick them. And don't forget the apple cider!

6. You have definitely jumped into a lake in the spring when the weather warmed up.

After you jumped you realized that even though the temperature of the air is higher, the water is still freezing cold.

7. You came from a small school and personally knew every person you graduated with

You have known most of them from kindergarten too because who would want to move out of the Adirondacks?

8. Even if you came from a small town there was a lot to do.

Hello camping, hiking, and bonfires.

9. Common summer activities included tubing down the Hudson River.

Even though you complain that the river is dirty you find yourself doing this every summer.

10. Or going to the drive-in movie theater.

The most exciting part being your attempt to sneak one of your friends in while they were in the trunk under a pile of blankets.

11. You either are or know, a 46er.

Or you at least know someone who is on the track to being one.

12. You know how to ski or snowboard and have strong opinions about Gore vs. Whiteface mountain

Even if you hate the snow, you love to go to the mountain with a group of friends after school and on the weekends.

13. You know that Lake George is basically a place of soft serve ice cream and mini golf

But you still go visit the village every summer anyways.

14. You find yourself getting overly excited over Martha’s ice cream flavors of the day.

There is no better day than a day where your favorite flavor is being served.

15. You often lose cell phone service because you live in the middle of nowhere

You are used to this by now and have learned to enjoy the outdoors, rather than always be on your phone.

16.You wouldn't change a thing because there is nothing better than growing up in the Adirondacks.