Thanksgiving Weekend: Told By Blair Waldorf

Queen B Says It Best

25
Tumblr

Monday/Tuesday: Thanksgiving Weekend is almost here! The dreams of turkey, stuffing, and pumpkin pie float in your head all day. In only three more days we will be reunited with our families and hometown besties. Somehow every research paper and project is due tomorrow. Tonight is going to consist of copious amounts of coffee and the occasional Red Bull. Three eight page papers in eight hours, you got this! I wish you luck, and remember in only two more days, this will all be over (for the weekend at least).

Wednesday: HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVE!!! The biggest bar night of the year, let’s get it. You throw on your tightest jeans and your highest heels, and prepare for the most epic night. Everything’s going great, until you get a text that your 11th grade boyfriend is going to the same bar as you and your girls. Now the panic starts to set in, and your buzz begins to wear off. “Do I look hot enough?" “Did you see his new girlfriend, is she prettier than me?” All the stress is soon forgotten with one word, pictures! Once your crew finally finds one that’s “instaworthy”, you head out. You arrive at the bar/club and hit the dance floor. Tonight’s the night to burn off all the calories you’re going to ingest tomorrow. Have fun, but remember to be smart and safe.

Thursday: Happy Thanksgiving! Scarf down a Bacon Egg and Cheese, and swallow an Advil while you enjoy the parade. You’re delighted to be reunited with your family, until the questions start pouring in. “Are you dating anyone?” “How have your grades been this semester?” “You look like you’ve put on a few pounds, have you been working out?” The answers to these are: no, no comment, and I love pizza. Things are getting awkward, but Uncle Steve saves the day! He begins cutting the turkey, and your intended career path is no longer up for discussion. The mashed potatoes, the corn, the stuffing, food coma here I come! You tell yourself you’re stuffed, as you unbutton your skinny jeans, but then Grandma brings out dessert. If you're able to resist pumpkin pie, I bow down to you. Be sure to rest up, because in a few short hours, it’s BLACK FRIDAY!

Friday: Today is the day that shopaholics (like myself) has been prepping for, for weeks. We know exactly when our favorite stores are opening, all the doorbusters, and have our coupons in hand. If you’re as insane as me, then you begin your shopping at midnight and go until the early afternoon. When else can you get a $400 Christmas Tree, for a quarter of the price? I would avoid all Walmarts because trampling is a serious problem, just check out YouTube. The key to a successful Black Friday trip is planning ahead. Create a shopping list, price check, and take another shot of espresso.

Saturday: Now that Thanksgiving is over, it’s officially the HOLIDAY SEASON! From Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, to New Year’s Eve; it really is the most wonderful time of the year. For those of you who have been sipping Peppermint Mochas since Halloween, you can finally blast your Mariah CD without being judged (that much)! No matter what holiday you celebrate, December is one of the most enjoyable months of the year. You feel like you’re already on winter break, until you remember all the homework you’ve been putting off.

Sunday: From the shopping, the decorating, to the bar hopping, you completely forgot about your Sociology exam tomorrow. Your head starts pounding, and your breaths are getting quicker and quicker. While the best time of the year has arrived, so has the worst...finals.

Happy Thanksgiving Upper East Siders,

XOXO, Gossip Girl