8 Bad Habits You Learned In College

8 Bad Habits You Learned In College

Going from college to high school we tend to pick up bad habits along the way.

90
8 Bad Habits You Learned In College
about.com

You do a lot of things differently at school than you do at home. In college you tend to pick up bad habits when you're getting into your new college routine. Most of these habits are due to just pure laziness and others are a little more than that. What ever the case may be, we need to quit these bad habits before we bring them with us beyond college to the real world.

1. Your bed is multifunctional

Not only is your bed where you sleep, but it's where you do pretty much everything else. With the amount of space in our dorm rooms we have a limited amount of options. For college students, our beds are where we do our homework, eat dinner, watch movies, chat with our friends and pretty much everything else you can think of.

2. Skipping meals

The ultimate struggle in college is staying within our meal plans. What we would do to back to freshman year when we all had unlimited swipes and could eat where ever we wanted and when we wanted. Instead of having a meal for breakfast lunch and dinner, in college we reach for the junk food as a substitute. It's quick, easy and you get more bang for your buck.

3. Not Wearing the Proper Clothes

Sure, we know how to bundle up when we're heading to class during the week in the harsh winter, but we somehow loose that sense of temperature when we're going out on Friday nights. Going out to parties with a big furry coat on isn't exactly practical or cute and parties are just way to hot and cramped to throw your jacket just anywhere. So yes we're freezing and will probably get sick, but beauty is pain.

4. Skipping Class

Your professor doesn't take attendance, you're not feeling well, or it's the end of the semester and you haven't taken advantage of all your skips. What ever the case is, every college student has skipped class.

Of course there are some good reasons for doing it, but most are really just because we're lazy. Unfortunately for us , we're only cheating ourselves. College classes are serious business and when you miss a lecture it takes forever to catch up.

5. Binge-watching Netflix

How many times has your obsession with knowing what happens next to your favorite characters gotten in the way of your school work? For me, it's been one too many. You keep telling your self it's okay to watch one more episode, but then it's 10 p.m. and you still haven't attempted that paper that's due tomorrow.

6. Skipping the Gym

The struggle of being healthy is real in college. When you have three tests in one week, you don't have much time to think about what you're eating or even making it to the gym.There are so many temptations and that pizzeria outside our dorm room is one of them, but who can pass down a dollar slice?

7. Cramming

Cramming is a college students number one job. With so many classes and activities to do it's hard to not get caught up and stay on top of your work. When tests, quizzes, and papers come along we're stressed, tired, and pressured to cram in as much information as possible that we'll probably just forget afterwards.

8. Naps

Naps are very important to us college students. We get way too much sleep, but not the hours that we should be getting. Naps are our way to catch up when we're staying up late cramming for that test tomorrow or writing that 13 page paper we started a day ago.