7 of The Most Beautiful Moments in 'Tangled'

My favorite moments from my favorite Disney movie

2638
Disney's 'Tangled'

Everyone I know has their own favorite Disney movie to call their own, whether it is old or new or popular or not. Everyone has that one particular movie that holds a special meaning for them in their heart and I am no different. "Tangled" is my ultimate favorite Disney movie, because it delivers numerous messages that I apply in my own life. Here are seven of the most meaningful moments of "Tangled" that deliver universal messages.

1) When all of the people of the kingdom look for the healing flower to save the queen!

Within the first five minutes of the movie, the movie shows how important working together with others is, and it suggests that there is nothing that cannot be done when everyone works together. I apply these lessons in my daily life within my family, my work and my school and it is the first universal message this movie suggests.

2) When we meet Pascal!

Pascal is Rapunzel's closest pal and companion and while Pascal cannot speak, he loves Rapunzel and is always there for her whenever she wants to play hide and seek, or when a stranger arrives in the tower! Pascal represents those who are our best friends in life, and I am especially thankful for the Pascals in my life.

3) When Rapunzel has to decide if she is going to leave the tower or not!

Rapunzel has always wanted to leave her tower, and she has always wanted to explore the world and see the floating lights, even though Mother Gothel is entirely against it. When Flynn agrees to show her the lights, she has to decide whether or not to face her fears and leave the tower in search of the lights, or let her dream pass her by. This is a metaphor for the tough decisions one faces in their own life, and when Rapunzel decides to seek out her dream, the audience learns that going for your own goals and dreams is what is most important.

4) When Flynn takes Rapunzel to the "Snuggly Duckling" and everyone sings "I've Got a Dream"!

This scene shows the audience that everyone, no matter what they look like, or how scary or how different they seem, has a dream that they want to come true. This being the case, the audience also sees that this is something that unites us all.

5) When "Flynn" tells Rapunzel that his real name is Eugene!

This moment is meaningful because it represents the idea of being close enough to someone and trusting someone enough, that you can be completely honest with them. I have people that I can be this way within my own life, and I love them dearly!

6) When Eugene tells Rapunzel about finding a new dream!

Just before Rapunzel is about to have her dream of seeing the "floating lanterns gleam", she nervously asks Eugene..

"I've been looking out of a window for eighteen years, dreaming about what I might feel like when those lights rise in the sky. What if it's not everything I dreamed it would be?"

And he replies with, "It will be."

"And what if it is? What do I do then?"

"Well, that's the good part I guess. You get to go find a new dream."

This moment is especially meaningful because it shows how Eugene supports and inspires Rapunzel to keep dreaming. Eugene represents that special person in one's life that is always there for them, and not only shows them "the light" but is the light in their life. I have found my Eugene, and because of him, "I see the light".

(I love you Brandon)

7) When Rapunzel sees the floating lights on her birthday!

Finally, after 18 years of wishing and hoping, Rapunzel is able to see the floating lights on her birthday, and her dream has come true, thanks to the help of Eugene! This shows the audience that no dream is impossible, and that with the help and support of people we love not only can and do our dreams come true but they also help us discover new dreams.