30 Reasons To Be Excited For The 2015-2016 NHL Season | The Odyssey Online

30 Reasons To Be Excited For The 2015-2016 NHL Season

"My goal was to play in the NHL, because that is the best hockey in the world." - Jaromir Jagr

44
Tumblr

The National Hockey League begins regular season games this week, and like every other hockey fan I am beyond excited to see how the new season will go!

1. You can’t wait to thrust hockey knowledge onto your friends that don’t know a thing about the game.
  2. Stressing over the weeks before playoffs excites you.
  3. All of the new rookies, aka the new heartthrobs. (yes, a wonderful #tbt)
  4. Fighting over players with your friends.
  5. The accents.
  6. The Players.
  7. Bromances
  8. The smack talk.
  9. Drinking at games in the huge novelty cups.
  10. Or drinking at home while watching the games also using the novelty cups that you have collected over the years.
  11. In most areas, tailgating in the snow.
  12. When you go to a game and make it for the national anthem(s).
  13. Buying new fan gear at games.
  14. Spending an obscene amount of money on food at the games, only to start throwing it during a bad call.
  15. Yelling at the refs, at games and from your couch.
  16. Getting into fights with other fans or seeing other people fight at games, then security escorts them out.
  17. Hat Tricks.
  18. The moment when the goal horn song goes off.
  19. Fights.
  20. The feeling after your favorite team wins.
  21. Awkward (but cute) post-game interviews.
  22. The teams' Twitter accounts tweeting hilarious comments and starting Twitter fights with other teams.
  23. The Stanley Cup Finals, even if your favorite team doesn’t make it that far.
  24. The outdoor series and the Winter Classic.
  25. The All-Star Game.
  26. Watching the HBO documentary series.
  27. Rivalries.
  28. Still using relevant Shanahan memes.
  29. With a new season comes new drama.
  30. And lastly, getting to cheer for your favorite team each game.
    P.S. LET’S GO FLYERS!