11 Must-Sees In San Francisco

11 Must-Sees In San Francisco

The perfect spots.

357
11 Must-Sees In San Francisco

Whether you live near San Francisco, or ever plan on visiting, there are certain places that make this city one of, if not the best city in the world. These distinct places are incredibly unique, and absolute must-sees if you ever truly want to get the real feel of the Golden State's beautiful San Francisco.

1. Hawk Hill

This gorgeous viewpoint is just a quick drive across the Golden Gate Bridge located in the Marin Headlands north of the city. On a good day when clouds aren't overwhelming the sky, you get to experience an amazing view of the entire bridge, and the entire San Francisco city. This is one of the top places for great pictures of the city.

2. Chinatown

If you love mouth-watering ethnic food of all kinds, people-watching, shopping, and a lively atmosphere, come check out SF's infamous Chinatown. This is one of the oldest landmarks in the city, and this area of the city has roots dating back to just the beginning of this incredible city's creation in 1776. The culture in this area of the city is unlike any other you will experience in California, one that is truly necessary to get the real feel of this amazing city.

3. Baker Beach

This nude beach located directly underneath the Golden Gate Bridge is a breathtaking view, making it one of the most popular and sought-out beaches in the city. On a warm day, you will find city-goers laying out underneath the bridge and taking in the true beauty of the view. Don't let the nude aspect shy you away!

4. Crissy Park

Whether you are interested in hiking trails, picnicking, exploring sand dunes, hanging out on the beach, or visiting lively dog parks, this is the perfect place to spend a relaxing day in the city.

5. Haight and Ashbury

If you are looking to spend the day shopping, make sure you visit the famous Haight and Ashbury where the streets are laced with family-owned restaurants, smoke shops, eye-catching clothing stores filled with tie-dye, and tons and tons of vintage. This is the perfect place to walk the streets and take in the distinct uniqueness that this city is filled with.

6. Ocean Beach

If you're an experienced surfer, or looking for the least-touristy beach, come visit Ocean Beach where the sand is so clean that it is white, and the shore lasts for miles. This beach can get pretty foggy, but the sunsets are incomparable and people are constantly having bonfires or flying kites. You can always rely on a gorgeous, relaxing day at this beach.

7. Lands End

This is one of, if not the most beautiful area in the city that only the real locals know about. This area contains numerous hiking trails that travel along the coast and down to the shores where you can view shipwrecks on the days where there is low tide.

8. The Embarcadero

Located on the Eastern waterfront of the port of San Francisco, this one of the best places for dinner-with-a-view in the city. Tons of restaurants are scattered along the shore, all with incredible views of the Bay and Alcatraz. There are tons of areas to shop as well, and walking along the Embarcadero always ensures a lively day in the city.

9. Alamo Square

This residential neighborhood and park overlooks most of downtown San Francisco, with views of the Bay Bridge and Golden Gate Bridge as well. The neighborhood homes are known for its Victorian architecture, such as the famous "Naked Ladies" and the Full House house. You cannot pass these up.

10. Twin Peaks

These two hills, each with an elevation of over 900 feet, are located in the dead center of San Francisco, allowing viewers a complete 360-degree view of the entire city. Whether during the day or at night, these viewpoints provide a full outlook upon this magnificent city.

11. Dolores Park

Located on the western edge of the Mission District, this city park provides the perfect spot for outdoor recreation and relaxation. This area is definitely one of the most popular parks in the city, as it yields a view of downtown and the East Bay, while giving the city a safe area for family and group outings.