12 Book Quotes To Warm You Up This Winter

Winter goals: drink coffee, read a book and repeat.

78
www.pixabay.com

Winter isn’t just around the corner anymore, it’s actually here. And while that is sad news for some, others are embracing the cold weather and all that comes with it -- peppermint mocha lattes, ginormous sweaters, twirling around in the snow and snuggling up on the couch with a good book.

Whether you’re excited about the wondrous winter wonderland that is January or you’re totally bummed, here are 12 book quotes that will definitely give you an extra burst of warmth this winter.

1. “Do your thing and don’t care if they like it.” – Tina Fey, "Bossypants"

via GIPHY

2. "What day is it?’, asked Winnie the Pooh. ‘It’s today,’ squeaked Piglet. ‘My favorite day,’ said Pooh.” – A.A. Milne, "The adventures of Winnie the Pooh"

via GIPHY

3. “You were a summer gift, one I'll always treasure. You were a dream I never wanted to wake up from. You opened my eyes to things I'll never really see. You're the best thing that will ever happen to me.” – Ellen Hopkins, "Crank"

via GIPHY

4. "People always think that happiness is a faraway thing," thought Francie, "something complicated and hard to get. Yet, what little things can make it up; a place of shelter when it rains — a cup of strong hot coffee when you're blue… a book to read when you're alone — just to be with someone you love. Those things make happiness." – Betty Smith, "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn"

via GIPHY

5. "'Go on, have a pasty,' said Harry, who had never had anything to share before or, indeed, anyone to share it with. It was a nice feeling, sitting there with Ron, eating their way through all Harry's pasties, cakes, and candies (the sandwiches lay forgotten)." – J.K. Rowling, "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone"

via GIPHY

6. “And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald, "The Great Gatsby"

via GIPHY

7. “In spite of everything, I still believe people are really good at heart.” – Anne Frank, "The Diary of Anne Frank"

via GIPHY

8. “The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.” – Jack Kerouac, "On the Road"

via GIPHY

9. “Taking no chances means wasting your dreams...” – Ellen Hopkins, "Crank"

via GIPHY

10. “Deep in the meadow, hidden far away. A cloak of leaves, a moonbeam ray. Forget your woes and let your troubles lay. And when it's morning again, they'll wash away. Here it's safe, here it's warm. Here the daisies guard you from every harm. Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true. Here is the place where I love you.” – Suzanne Collins, "The Hunger Games"

via GIPHY

11. “I wished she’d never stop squeezing me. I wished I could spend the rest of my life as a child, being slightly crushed by someone who loved me.” – Gail Carson Levine, "Ella Enchanted"

via GIPHY

12. "When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too." – Paulo Coelho, "The Alchemist"

via GIPHY