Sorority Girl Necessities At Oklahoma State

If you want to fit the "typical sorority girl" mold here at OSU, this is what you'll need.

1933

So you want to be a sorority girl at Oklahoma State. Okay, easy enough. Whether we are loved or hated, it never fails that we are told that there is a sorority "type" here on campus. I have heard the expression "You just look like you're in a sorority" far too many times. Well, let me tell you that I am proud. Sorority women at OSU are a strong breed devoted to philanthropy, sisterhood, and Panhellenic love. However, if you want to look the part, here's a list of ten things that nearly all of us have. No shame.

1. Birkenstocks/Chacos.

Everyone has their go-to shoe of choice. If we aren't wearing our boots at a game, we're more than likely wearing either Birkenstocks or Chacos. My personal preference are the Birks, but you will see a variety of both shoes all across campus.

2. Hammock.

The hammock, or the eno, is all the rage in Chillwater right now. We have a beautiful campus, so obviously the best way to enjoy it is by hanging in a tree. The weather is nice and we all want to be outside, so play dates with our girls usually consist of "Okay, coffee and hammocking?" To which the answer, of course, is always yes.

3. Camelbak water bottle.

What better way to stay hydrated through all that hammocking? By bringing your Camelbak along, duh. Just a water bottle you say? No way. These things are great. They hold so much and are basically leak proof. They come in assorted colors and many times you'll see them decorated in our favorite stickers. I think it's obvious why we love these.

4. Over-sized t-shirts.

Fashion statement or lifestyle? Up for interpretation. Once you go for the over-sized T, there is no going back. It is absolutely the best fad that has ever happened. They're incredibly comfortable, but also functional, as there's so much extra room for me to move around in them. Be prepared though, for every day of my life I am asked "Are you wearing pants?" Yeah, I'm wearing pants, but my shirt better be big enough that you can't see them.

5. Letters on your vehicle.

If you don't have your letters on your car, are you really even in a sorority? When driving down University, you bet the majority of cars you pass will have letters on them.

6. White Converse.

Another of our popular shoe choices, but it is straying away from the sandal classification. Different, but just as good. Whether you prefer the high top or low top, white Converse will always be pure gold. Whenever the weather isn't quite as nice, be prepared to see these in place of Birks and Chacos.

7. Kendra Scott.

Kendra Scott is one of the few women we all know and love. This lady's jewelry game is on point. Be it a necklace, earrings, or rings, walk around at a football game and you're sure to see at least ten girls in 15 minutes wearing something by Kendra. Let's not even talk about if we gathered all of them in the sorority house into one pile.

8. Jerseys.

"Hey, we're having a jersey themed (fill in blank) tonight!" The jersey is hot in Stillwater. Fraternity men and sorority women alike will always have one on hand. If you're ready for a social event, pull that jersey out of your closet, girl, because Juicy J might just give you a scholarship.

9. Norts.

We all own way too many of them, but you have to have them in every color. They're on campus nearly every day (even though you might not see them under that glorious over-sized T). We promise we're wearing pants and they're probably norts.

10. Aspen Coffee.

Thank the Good Lord that Oklahoma was blessed with Aspen. This is my very favorite thing on this list. You may be partial to a Mocha Big Train or a Chinana, or you could kick it with a simple Granita like I do. Aspen can be seen as the "watering hole" for sorority girls. You will more than likely find a pack of them there at all times, and if not, you'll see one walking around with a very recognizable Aspen cup.

There you have it. The basic list to being "so srat" (eye roll) here at Oklahoma State. Any questions, comments, concerns, I'll be in my office at Aspen on Western. And I'll be the one in the over-sized T, Norts and Birks. Good luck finding me.