12 Healthy Places To Eat In Columbus

12 Healthy Places To Eat In Columbus

You know what they say... a colorful plate, is a healthy plate

643
12 Healthy Places To Eat In Columbus
Madison Means

It is not always easy to find a healthy place to eat. It seems as though most times you dine-out, the options are slim for getting a well-rounded meal. In the past I have always found the problem to be, what about when I am on-the-go? What about when I am running on a tight budget? Well, listed below I have provided the answers. So,get out there, Columbus residents -- try something your body will thank you for.

1. Alchemy Juice Bar + Cafe (south of downtown).

(Instagram: @brittany_teee)

Juice. Smoothies. Toast. Soup. Sandwiches. Popsicles. And all fresh.

At Alchemy there is truly something for everyone. Be it breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a mid-day snack, Alchemy has got your fix. This place strives to bring customers wholesome food that will nourish your body. The best part is, it's original -- they think of concoctions you would not come up with on your own. Try it out, try it all, you won't be disappointed.

2. Zest Juice Co. (Grandview, Dublin & New Albany).

(Instagram: @kels_dav)

Have you ever heard of a smoothie-bowl? Well, welcome to your new favorite treat. A smoothie bowl brings you a plentiful amount of your daily fruits and vegetables accompanied by toppings of your choosing. You can't go wrong with a smoothie-bowl, but you also can't go wrong with any of Zest's offerings: juice and smoothies. They even offer cleanses. Try it out, it may just be the detox your body needs.

3. Whole World Natural Restaurant & Bakery (Clintonville).

The name speaks for itself. This place has been around since 1978, and has been bringing it's customers healthy, affordable options ever since. I know most of the time when you are trying to eat healthy, that means breaking the bank. Not with Whole Natural, most of their menu items remain under $10. Whole Natural is highly recommended for vegetarians & vegans. I would recommend: the broccoli burger, or the specialty pancakes, if you are stopping in for breakfast!

4. The Social at Whole Foods (Upper Arlington).

(Instagram: @onelove_84)

Need a break from grocery stopping? Stop at the in-house restaurant inside of Whole Foods. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Be sure to bring your appetite, because The Social will not be selling you short.

5. Market 65 (Downtown).

(Instagram: @onelove_84)

Have you been in search of finding the best salad place? Stop in to Market 65, your meal will be full of those dark, leafy greens- the doctor always orders. The best part is, take it to-go or dine-in this cafe is ideal for your on-the-go professionals working in the city.

6. Northstar (Short North, Clintonville, Easton Town Center).

(Instagram: @stephaniecea)

With the multiple locations of Northstar Cafe, you can't help but make a visit. Northstar Cafe creates an inviting, warm, cozy environment for their guests, while providing all organic menu items. You will find friendly workers who care about their service to their customers, as well as, preparation with their food. They care about their customers and the environment so much, they provided free Northstar Black Bean Burgers, for all customers on Earth Day. We may be a year away now, but keep this in mind for next year.

7. Crest (Clintonville, South of downtown).

(Instagram:@thedancingfoodie27)

Crest Gastropub, is highly recommended for a dinner-outing with friends. Visit Crest and be presented with a dish that looks like a fine piece of art. The workers at Crest pride themselves in providing local, organics for all customers.

8. Acre Farm-To-Table To-Go (Clintonville).

A hidden gem with a full menu. If you are all about supporting local, visit Acre. Acre has a wide-variety with their menu, all of which are made fresh daily with the finest ingredients. Some of my favorites are: Thai bowl full of colorful veggies and rice, or some zesty baja tacos.

9. Portia's Cafe (Clintonville).

Calling all vegetarians! This place is made for you. Portia's seeks to make a positive impact on the environment around them, by providing a healthful options for a variety of lifestyles. Don't miss their Sunday special of vegan/gluten-free waffles!

10. Native Cold Pressed (Short North).

(Instagram: @madisonmeans)

Native Cold Pressed has expanded their menu and foodies can hardly contain their excitement! The once, juice-only store-front is now providing colorful smoothie bowls, with your choice of three toppings. Featured above is a Blue Majik bowl with cacao nibs, coconut shavings and bee-pollen.

11. Freshii (Dublin).

(Instagram: @freshii)

Freshii has made it to Columbus, and we are all jumping for joy! Freshii is an international award-winning franchise, promising to bring fresh meals to all peoples. Stop on in, grab a vibrant salad, some fresh cut fruit, and maybe some in-house frozen yogurt for desert.

12. Fresh Kitchen (Hilliard).

Hot and new! Fresh Kitchen is designing healthy dishes for all ages.