To The Man Who Changed My Life
relationships

To The Man Who Changed My Life

Thank you.

18858
To The Man Who Changed My Life

You came into my life when I least expected it and now, my life will never be the same.

I thought I was content with being on my own, but you showed me the pure happiness that can come from being loved and loving someone. The time we have spent together (and will continue to spend together) has changed everything I used to know about myself and the life I was living.

I couldn't imagine what my life would be like without you in it and now, I want to thank you for all the ways that you have changed the world I now live in.

1. Thank you for loving me unconditionally.

Before you came along, I was lost. I didn't know what it felt like to be in love or to even be loved. I was a hopeless romantic reading the pages of my Nicholas Sparks novel, waiting for the day I could write my own love story... and now I can. It is because of you that I now know what it feels like to love someone so unconditionally and to have the same be reciprocated back. Each day you prove to me more and more how much you love me and for that, I couldn't be more thankful.

2. Thank you for always making me smile.

We could be sitting around watching our favorite TV show or singing along to the radio in the car, wherever we may be or whatever we are doing, you always find a way to make me smile. On even the darkest of days, your efforts to make them brighter and bring a smile to my face do not go unnoticed. From bringing me flowers while I'm studying to sending me a simple text saying how beautiful I look that day, you always know just what to say and what to do to make me smile.

3. Thank you for always listening.

I could be having one of those days where everything just seems to be going wrong but you want to talk to me about it. You listen, provide thoughts, ask questions, give comments. Your interest in my life and willingness to listen to me vent for hours on end is greatly appreciated. I never feel as if my troubles are a burden to you but instead, I feel as if you want to take my troubles onto your shoulders and solve them yourself.

4. Thank you for never giving up on me.

It is inevitable (especially as a woman) to go through times where you don't feel like yourself. Your emotions are in full swing, your anxiety is high and your patience is low. With the stress of everyday life on our shoulders, there are times when we just want to give up. Thank you for not giving up on me when I wanted to give up on myself. When I wanted to shy away from the world and give up on my potential, you convinced me that I could do it. You instilled confidence and determination in me to chase my dreams and to be the best me I could be. So thank you, for never leaving when things got tough and giving me the faith I needed.

5. Thank you for loving me for me.

I have seen too often in relationships one partner would pressure the other to conform to be someone they wanted them to be. With you, though, you love me for who I am (flaws and all). You encourage me to not wear makeup because you like the way my skin looks without it. You encourage me to be my quirky self, even if it means dancing like a fool in public. You have given me the confidence to walk proud as the person I am, something which I will forever be grateful for.

It is these five things and so much more that you have done and given to me that have changed my life forever. You have given me back parts of myself that I thought I had lost and you have introduced me to parts I didn't know I had. You may not even know that you do it, but thank you for everything that you do.