Blurr: The App That's About To Be The Next Big Thing

Everything you need to know, and why you need to get it now.

135

It’s your freshman year in college, first semester. You’re at your very first party. You’re excited, but not too excited. I mean, you don’t want to be that freshman – the one so eager and wide-eyed it’s clear that you’re a rookie – so you stand off to the side and observe the social scene. As the night goes on, you begin to relax; you engage in conversation, get to know some new friends, get in some pictures, and finally start to have a good time. By the end of the night, you feel happy and confident, heading back to your dorm excited for the next four years ahead of you. You get in bed and check your phone, ready to relive the night through your pictures. There’s only one problem—there aren’t any on your phone! You met so many people you barely remember their names, let alone who took the pictures. And you definitely don’t know anyone’s phone number to text and ask. You’re doomed to hope that your memory of your first college party doesn’t fade away to a blur in the back of your mind.

You’re at your cousin’s wedding. And you look good. After the ceremony, you and all the other guests file into the venue for the real celebration – the reception. This is your chance to dance like an idiot because you’ll never see half these people again, make a move on your cousin’s college friends (she’s only two years older!), and take full advantage of the open bar or buffet table. You spend the rest of the night having an absolute blast; everyone is dancing together, trading stories about the newlyweds, and shoving each other in an attempt to catch the bouquet (or laughing at the people shoving each other in an attempt to catch the bouquet). Countless pictures are being taken, guests are laughing, and everyone is enjoying themselves. On your way home, you look through your pictures. You have a few, but you can’t help wondering about all the other pictures that random relatives and guests took of you that you’ll never be able to see because you have no clue who they are. Your memory is limited to the two bad-quality selfies and the two sweaty pictures of you on the dance floor. Sigh.

But what if you could have those pictures? What if the pictures that all the people at the party and all the weddings guests took went straight to your phone, without you even having to know who took them? What if there was an app that allowed all of the pictures taken within a certain radius to appear on a feed, accessible to everyone else on the app, ensuring that you never miss out on a memory? Luckily for you, now there is. Here’s everything you need to know about the app that’s about to be the next big thing:

Welcome to Blurr. The revolutionary photo-sharing app that ensures you never miss out on a memory. Here’s why you need to get it now:

It’s easy to use.

Here’s how it works: You go on the app and select ‘Start Your Blurr.’ You then select the radius: ‘close’ or ‘closer’. The screen then opens to a camera, and you’re free to snap away. Every photo that anyone on the app takes within your radius goes right to your Blurr photo stream, ready for you to download. And don’t worry about your own—every photo that you take automatically gets saved to your phone’s camera roll.

You can sort through your Facebook friends.

If your photo stream is crowded with people in your radius that you don’t know, slide over to the Facebook tab and get access to pictures taken only by people you’re friends with on Facebook. The names still remain anonymous, but it makes it way easier to find your friends’ photos of you!

You can see what time it was taken.

Do you remember something really important happening around 9:30 p.m., as the opening band played for your favorite singer? Or maybe around 8:00 p.m., right as the wedding reception was starting? You can sift through photos by checking the time stamps too, making photo sharing even easier!

It doesn’t matter if you’re late to the party.

Or wedding, or football game, or concert, or whatever memorable night you’re experiencing. Blurr catches you up by adding every photo taken in the past hour to your Blurr photo stream. So, if traffic caused you to miss that amazing goal or your boss refused to let you leave just fifteen minutes earlier to catch the opening act, don’t worry, Blurr’s got you covered.

You get all of the pictures you might have missed.

Because all of the pictures within your radius get uploaded to the Blurr feed, you’ll find pictures of you that you didn’t even know existed. Maybe it’s the same one you already have on your camera roll just with a better angle; maybe it’s a sick shot of you busting out your best moves on the dance floor; maybe it’s your awesome celebration after your team wins the championship with an overtime goal. Whatever the situation, let the people around you be the paparazzi, let Blurr be your camera, and you get to feel like a star. Get ready for your close up.

There will be no more, “Can I see it?”

We’ve all been guilty of it: immediately after the picture is taken comes the desperate, “Can I see it?” followed by a crowd around the photo-taker’s phone, with everyone trying to check out their potential new pro-pic or to figure out how they need to readjust their pose. With Blurr there will be no crowds, nor desperation, because each individual will have their own copy on their Blurr photo stream. May your poses always be perfect and your potential pro-pics readily available.

You’ll have plenty of time to check out your pictures.

When you end your Blurr, or leave your radius, your pictures will not be left behind. If you don’t replay your memories through your pictures before you go to bed, don’t worry: You’ll have 24 hours to browse through your photo stream, download your favorite pictures, and upload them to whichever platform you desire. And when the 24 hours are up? Get ready for some more Blurring- and more memories.

You don’t have to worry about sending pictures.

We all know it’s a hassle: bothering your friends with countless texts asking them to please send you the pictures from last night so you can post one or having to go through your own photos, meticulously selecting each one that your friend is in, sending them, and repeating the process for everyone who asks, “Do you have pictures from last night??” With Blurr, there will be no more waiting for your friends to answer so you can make sure you’re posting the best one because every picture your friends take, or you take of them, will be ready and waiting on your Blurr feed!

“Life is a Blurr.” It goes by quickly, and if you’re not paying close attention, it will fly right by you. How many times have you heard yourself say, “Wow that feels like so long ago” or “It seems like that just happened yesterday.” Your college years – and the precious years of freedom before and after – are some of the greatest times of your life. I’m about to finish my first year of college and it feels like it was only a few months ago I was walking into my freshman year of high school, with no clue about what I was going to do with my life. Now, sitting here writing this article as a Blurr brand ambassador, it’s crazy to think how much time has gone by- and how many memories I’ve forgotten about in the process. Don’t let your weekends blur together with no pictures to tell one memory from the next. Blurr ensures that you never miss a memory again.