Best Summer Songs Of 2014

Best Summer Songs Of 2014

21
Best Summer Songs Of 2014

Here's a list of songs that will be the perfect soundtrack to your summer.

Whether you're taking a stroll down the street, blowing the speakers in your car with the windows down, or pregaming with your friends, the perfect playlist is crucial. I  always keep up with music and enjoy sharing my discoveries with anyone who's interested, via Spotify or Soundcloud.  This summer, I have been mesmerized as I lose myself to the songs provided by the YouTube channel, The Sound You Need.  It's a combination of house and indie, providing the perfect songs for the hipster inside us all. Here's my list of favorites this summer.

Mr. Probz -- "Waves" Robin Schultz Remix). I don't know anyone who doesn't like this song.  I heard this song for the first time on my first night of study abroad.  I was beyond exhausted and stayed in as I laid on my couch with the window wide open letting a cool breeze come in. As I sat there, I closed my eyes close and slowly drifted away.

Androma -- "Gunjule." The first introduction of a saxophone in a house song I can remember was when that song"Infinity" came out. Lately, more and more songs have been including it and, I'm telling you, it's a game changer. To have an upbeat rhythm that makes you want to dance and throw in a saxophone is mesmerizing.  

Zedd feat. Ariana Grande -- "Break Free." How could you not love this girl? She's absolutely adorable and stands for being unique and confident. Love this collaboration with one of EDM's top djs.

Chris Malinchak -- "So Good To Me." It begins with what sounds like a church choir and some deep vocals and slowly throws in some striking saxophone with electronic sounds. This song is the definition of less is more.

Zhu -- "Faded."  The same repeating words will be stuck in your head for days -- high vocals that you just can't seem to belt out. This song is perfect to pregame to with your friends or dance to at a club.

Faul -- "Happy Endings." You know the song "Changes" that blew up this summer?  Forget about it. Faul's next song, "Happy Endings," is amazing. Some crazy bongo sounds and rain shakers makes you feel as though you are on a beach. This is the best line in this song: "I want you to stop for a minute and think about how much we have together."  Again, with the saxophones, you just can't go wrong with this song.

London Grammar -- "Help Me Lose My Mind." We've all got that person in our lives who makes us a little crazy, but in a good way. If you don't know London Grammar by now, then you are living under a rock. This band is definitely going to blow up soon. If you think this is too chill, there are dozens of remixes to be discovered.

Milky Chance -- "Stolen Dance" (Embody Remix). The raspy lead vocals provide a unique sound and pretty sexy, if I might add!  Get lost in this song.

INNA -- "Cola Song." This Romanian hottie has been topping the charts for years, in Europe.  I love her sound, which is described as very Eastern European, as she almost always throws in an accordion sound. This song is pure fun and you'll find yourself throwing your hands up, screaming OLE!

Iggy Azalea -- "Work."  This song is gold. Iggy Azalea is quickly becoming America's favorite Aussie, giving all the other female artists tough competition.   

Coldplay -- "Sky Full of Stars" (Hardwell Remix). The first time I heard this song, I knew this would be the hit of the summer.  The song is practically set up to be remixed by every major DJ, and that's what they all did. However, Hardwell killed it making this remix top the Beatport charts.

Enrique Iglesias -- "Bailondo." Being in Spain for the summer, this song is amazing. With his renown Spanish vocals, Enrique Iglesias will always be a chart topper in Spain, but this song is internationally known.

Clean Bandit -- "Rather Be." Obviously.

Ikki feat. Alana -- "Party High." If you're in a bad mood, just put on this song. I imagine watching a montage of an insane pool party when I listen to this song. It's pure fun.

Tove Lo -- "Stay High (Hippie Sabotage Remix)." This remix is everything and then some.  It puts you in a trance that has you hanging onto every word. The vocals sound so beautifully painful, you can tell this song was written with a lot of emotion behind it.

Mike Mago & Dragonette -- "Outlines." There's something so enticing about female vocals sung in all high notes in an EDM song.  The female vocals, combined with the deep beats, provide a perfect song that will be sure to soon top the charts.