So, You're Obsessed With Black Clothing

So, You're Obsessed With Black Clothing

To all-black dressers everywhere

1808
So, You're Obsessed With Black Clothing
tumblr.com

Fashion is an art form. Expressing yourself through clothing is one of the many ways people learn to be creative and show others who they are. Whether you stick to one style that is the staple of your wardrobe, or if you prefer to mix it up day by day, fashion is yours to experiment with. Girly, boho, preppy, athletic, and street are all different styles people like to try, but one that I have found a love for is my obsession with black clothing. I feel like people's fascinations with black clothes have reached a peak in today's society, and more and more people are following the trend. Like all other adaptations of style, over time you gain increased knowledge about black clothing, and pick up on the stereotypes they possess. Here are some things you know if you're obsessed with black clothing.

Black jeans are a must.

You're probably not obsessed with black clothing unless you own that one glorious pair of black jeans. They are your go-to pants whenever you're confused on what to wear that are also unbelievably comfortable. These black jeans are the one article of clothing that brings your whole wardrobe together.

Your wardrobe is versatile and can go with anything and everything.

Black can go well with pretty much anything else you wear. Adding black accessories to any look like a bag, shoes, hats, etc. can easily flow with any of your outfits. Black compliments every color, too, so throw a black jacket over a navy shirt or add a black scarf to any outfit, and you're set.

"Your clothes match your soul" is a daily phrase directed at you.

Alright, just because we wear all black almost every single day does not mean our outsides match our insides. For some people, it might be a true assumption, but fashion is supposed to be fun and experimental. The sweetest person in the world may want to feel edgy and sport all black for a day, just like someone more rough around the edges could want to wear a dress for the day.

You feel super awkward when you wear something colorful.

When you're used to wearing black all the time, it could feel weird to wear something of color once in awhile. When you wear a color, there's just this burst of brightness on your body that you're not used to. You may not feel like yourself when you wear color, but don't worry, I'm sure soon enough you can change and go back to black.

Leather is your best friend.

A good leather jacket is an essential for a person who loves an all black wardrobe. It adds an edgy feeling to any outfit while remaining classy and chic. Black leather jackets can be a perfect addition to a black-obsessed style that will soon become your favorite article of black clothing.

Black looks amazing on every skin tone.

From fair skin tones to dark skin tones, black looks great on almost everyone. The great thing about black clothes is that it compliments every complexion and brings out everyone's best features. Black is great for summer when you're your tannest and for winter when you're your palest. What can be better than that?

You can always re-wear your clothes.

One of the best things about loving black clothing is that you can re-wear your clothes. Going to a party? Wear your black V-neck with a pair of cute jeans and heels. Going to the grocery store? Wear your black V-neck with sweats and sneakers. Going out to eat with a friend? Wear your black v-neck with leggings, a sweater, and boots. Black is versatile and can be worn on multiple occasions without looking silly.

You're essentially a badass.

There's something about being dressed head to toe in black that makes you feel super badass. You feel edgy, chic, and like you can conquer the world. The biggest mistake people make about black clothing is that "black is dull." Black is only as dull as the person wearing it, so go out and own that all black outfit. Be that badass.

The accurateness of this statement:

It's a very happy color, thank you.