51 Songs You'll Be Thankful I'm Reminding You Of

1154

Sitting in my room listening to my lime green iPod Nano in middle school, I can assure you that my priorities included knowing all the cool songs and each lyric to them. There's a reason why music appeals to almost every person of all ages in a positive way. For some, just a few lyrics to a song can lighten your mood, relate to something you're going through, or transport you years back in time, to a moment you'll never forget.

Here are some songs that take us up to 10 years back in time, and many that I'm sure you've forgotten about by now. The music itself is already so different now compared to these "oldies" if you would even consider them that. I hope these bring back just as great memories for you as they did for me. Needless to say, I will never get sick of hearing these songs. Reminisce, remember, and enjoy. You can thank me later.

1. Hollaback Girl by Gwen Stefani

Because let's be honest, how else would we have learned to spell bananas.

2. Let Me Love You by Mario

3. 1, 2 Step by Ciara ft. Missy Elliott

If it involves Missy Elliott, it could never be bad.

4. Gold Digger by Kanye West ft. Jamie Foxx

Aw...back when we all still liked Kanye. :/

5. Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day

Admit it, we all went through the stage when we wanted to be skater guys and girls.

6. Candy Shop by 50 Cent ft. Olivia

7. Don't Cha by The Pussycat Dolls ft. Busta Rhymes

Every girl sang this one at least once about one of their ex middle school lovers, you can't even lie.

8. Disco Inferno by 50 Cent

9. You and Me by Lifehouse

10. Don't Phunk With My Heart by The Black Eyed Peas

11. Lose Control by Missy Elliott ft. Ciara and Fat Man Scoop

12. Shake It Off by Mariah Carey

13. Mr. Brightside by The Killers

14. Just a Lil Bit by 50 Cent

15. Pon de Replay by Rihanna

This song was the first reason we all fell in love with Rihanna.

16. How We Do by Game ft. 50 Cent

17. Beverly Hills by Weezer

18. Oh by Ciara ft. Ludacris

19. Lonely No More by Rob Thomas

20. Drop It Like It's Hot by Snoop Dogg (before he was Snoop Lion) ft. Pharrell

21. Lovers and Friends by Lil Jon and The East Side Boyz

22. Soldier by Destiny's Child

23. Switch by Will Smith

24. Rich Girl by Gwen Stefani ft. Eve

25. My Humps by The Black Eyed Peas

26. Caught Up by Usher

27. Listen To Your Heart by D.H.T.

28. Feel Good Inc. by Gorillaz

If you were anything like me, you were obsessed with this song but it creeped you out at the same time every time you heard it.

29. Let Me Go by 3 Doors Down

30. Holiday by Green Day

31. Sugar, We're Going Down by Fall Out Boy

32. Grind with Me by Pretty Ricky

33. Run It! by Chris Brown

Fun fact, this was the first song I ever bought off iTunes for my lime green 2nd generation iPod Nano.

34. Photograph by Nickelback

Shame on all you Nickelback haters out there.

35. Lonely by Akon

36. Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston

37. Collide by Howie Day

38. Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day

39. Slow Down by Bobby Valentino

40. Over and Over Again by Nelly ft. Tim McGraw

41. Get It Poppin' by Fat Joe ft. Nelly

42. Play by David Banner

43. Pimpin' All Over the World by Ludacris ft. Bobby Valentino

44. Number One Spot by Ludacris

45. My Boo by Usher and Alicia Keys

46. Sugar (Gimme Some) by Trick Daddy ft. Ludacris, Li Kim, and Cee-Lo

47. Check Yes Juliet by We The Kings

48. Dirty Little Secret by The All American Rejects

49. Lip Gloss by Lil Mama

50. T-Shirt by Shontelle

51. Beautiful Soul by Jesse McCartney

Really just this whole album deserves to be on this list.