A Thank You To The People Who Doubted Me

You have made me a stronger person.

1544

I am sure that almost everyone has had people that have doubted something in their life, whether it was a dream job that they believed you couldn't get or people saying you won’t make it living somewhere across the country. I’m here to tell you to show these people that they are wrong. Never let anyone hold you back from your dreams. You need to live out these dreams because they could be the best times in your life or they could teach you valuable lessons.

I know that I have had people telling me that I couldn’t do something or that I would fail if I tried to do something that I wanted to do. I used these words that they told me as fuel for an internal fire and it made me determined to prove these people wrong. I did what people said I couldn’t do and I proved them wrong. Here is something I would like to say to these people.

Dear People Who Doubted Me,

I want to tell you thank you. I know it is weird that I am thanking you but here I am. I want to thank you for doubting me. Since you did this, there has been a drive in me to prove you wrong. I just want to see the shock in your face when I tell you that I did exactly what you thought I couldn’t do. Even though I changed my major some times and still don’t know exactly what I want to do, I’m still happy. Even though you crushed my dreams when you doubted me, I’m happy now to show you that I can do it. I will find an awesome job in my field and I will be able to move wherever I want to move.

Thank you for trying to bring me down. You were too jealous of my accomplishments and I’m sorry for that. I bet you had people doubt you too, but you took their comments in all the wrong ways. You ended up doubting yourself instead of proving these people wrong. This behavior has made you a doubter yourself.

Thank you for proving to me that what I’m doing is a big deal. I know this by the words you have said that I have heard again and again. As I said before, you make me want to prove you wrong more than anything else. I will prove you wrong no matter what. The word “can’t” is a little motivator for me.

One day you will have many regrets in your life and I know that isn’t how I want my life to be. Just remember that your words helped push me into the person that I am today. Your doubt reminded me that I can do anything I set my mind to.

Thanks,

The Person You Doubted

I never want to be a person that wishes they would have done this or that, so I hope you don’t want to be either. Prove your doubters that they are wrong about you.