Opening Your Eyes To Bernie Sanders

Opening Your Eyes To Bernie Sanders

Making sure the future of our country resides in the correct hands.

15
Opening Your Eyes To Bernie Sanders
berniesanders.com

Every four years, American citizens are given the opportunity to decide on a presidential candidate for the best fit of the country. Many people are misinformed about a lot that goes on throughout the country and don't have a clear understanding or credible facts about candidate throughout their campaigns.

Politics has never been my thing until digging deeper to understand more about each candidate that is running for the 2016 presidential election. It has always been my theory that as United States citizens, we don't truly have a choice and are overruled by the many powerful people above us.

After taking a step back and lowering my ego I was able to find current Independent Socialist of the Senate Bernard "Bernie" Sanders a very intriguing candidate.

Sanders won his second term within the Senate in 2012 with 71 percent of votes. He's also made history by previously serving 16 years in the House of Representatives as in Independent, which no one in Congress has been able to overcome. He now takes his newest challenge to run as a Democratic presidential candidate for 2016 election.

On not running as an Independent

Bernie won't run as an Independent. He says,"What I did not want to do is run as a third party candidate, take votes away from the Democratic candidate and help elect some right-wing Republican. I did not want responsibility for that. So what I said at the beginning of the campaign is that I was not going to run as an Independent. And I say it now, that if I do not win this process I will not run as an Independent."

On the Millennial generation

Being 75 years-old, you wouldn't think that the current U.S. Senator holds any interest in the Millennial generation. Yet, Sanders puts prime focus on the future of this nation and the generations to come.

One thing most people tend to overlook is college students and how much effort and work they put in on a daily basis. I may just be biased with finals quickly approaching, but we work our butt's off to achieve a piece of paper that we'll be in debt for well over half of our lives.

Bernie Sanders understands that there is an economic crisis and we continually focus on the same aspects to try and fix the issues.

But what about the crisis of those trying to make it more than the minimum paying job? As undergraduates and graduates, we see more opportunity within ourselves than those who continually make fun of us for attempting to even try to make it into the real world.

On tuition-free and debt-free college

Roll your eyes if you must, but at least listen to what the man has to say. It's not something completely out of the ordinary because the University of California was tuition free up until the 1980's. Countries such as Germany, Sweden, Finland, Norway, and soon to be Chile offer free college for their citizens as well.

If people were to open up to new idea and I don't know, maybe their eyes, the Federal Government makes profit off of each student loan an individual possesses. How does this help the current individual that is actually gaining the knowledge for their future? News flash, it won't.

On unemployment

When Sanders visited an innovative job training site for unemployed youths in D.C., he said, “We cannot continue to ignore the crisis of youth unemployment in America. We are talking about the future of an entire generation.” He continued, “We have got to make sure that young people in Washington, D.C., and all over this country have the opportunity to earn a paycheck and to make it into the middle class.”

With continual negativity about how no one can develop throughout such an economic meltdown, no one ever will. It is time for not only youths, but those generations above to realize that the future of this country is those that are working hard to achieve the correct knowledge to make it. We are the future.

Vote Bernard Sanders for 2016 president to see what the future is actually capable of.