Top 10 Beards Of Professional Athletes In Honor Of No Shave November

Fear the beards.

717

November is the last month of fall before we hit the winter chill. So, in honor of the cold front many of us are about to face, how about a look into the unique facial hair of professional athletes.

Many times we think of professional athletes like celebrities, where they polished and pristine. However, many of them can be pretty rugged and tough. One way a professional athlete can show their blue-collar nature is with facial hair. There may be no better month than November to appreciate some of the greatest beards of recent memory. So, while you are at home doing your own “No Shave November,” read this list see how your beard stacks up professional athletes.

10. Scott Hartnell - Philadelphia Flyers

Hockey players are able to grow some impressive playoff beards. Hartnell might be one of the best in the business at it. With his long red beard, he reminds fans of Cornelius from "Rudolph," and that is something everyone can enjoy.

9. Bryce Harper - Washington Nationals

Bryce Harper has an incredible flow from hair to beard. It seems like in order for someone to get that to work, they would have to spend hours grooming. That is what makes his facial hair unique is that, unlike many of this list, it is not wild and unkempt. Too often it is thought wild beards are the best, sometimes cool is classy as well.

8. Jake Arrieta - Chicago Cubs

I firmly believe after watching Arrieta post an ERA of 1.77 that he gains superhuman abilities from his beard. The other thing that makes his beard special is that it is just a man’s man beard. It almost as if in his spare time he goes into the woods and chops down trees in order to build a log cabin for his family. Maybe that is stretch, but still I do not think that is impossible.

7. Kimbo Slice - UFC

OK, maybe I put this one in here because when I saw his picture on Google I was scared not to include him. That being said, his soup strainer is as good as they come. His intimidation factor not only comes from being massive, but also having the beard to match his personality.

6. Adam Clayton - Middlesbrough F.C.

You just have to love the commitment to his team right there. His beard may not be the biggest, but the color scheme is an A+ in my books. Some guys grow beards to seem more blue-collar, Adam grows his to show a love for his teams. At the end of the day, what teammate wouldn’t love this?

5. Brian Wilson - Los Angeles Dodgers

He embodies the idea of the playoff beard. Maybe it is because during the MLB playoffs, his beard keeps him warm or maybe it is because he is just that awesome. I am not sure which it, and all I know is that I love it. It could not be more fitting that this beard ended the World Series with a strikeout in 2010.

4. Eric Weddle - San Diego Chargers

There were a lot of pictures to choose from where he was in game with his beard hanging out, but this one was too perfect. I mean, look at that length. That shows patience and commitment. Any man who can take the time to grow that has to be to be considered for “face of the franchise” status.

3. Drew Gooden - Washington Wizards

This one is my personal favorite by far. The creativity it takes to come with something like that is off the charts. Like I have been saying, it is not all about length, creativity can be just as great. Now if only he would bring back this excellent look.

2. Brett Keisel - Pittsburgh Steelers

I know Keisel is no longer with the Steelers, but a beard as awesome as his should be remembered forever. People used to show up to games with fake beards just represent him. It is too bad he is no longer in the NFL, because a beard like that will always be missed.

1. James Harden - Houston Rockets

Harden may be arguably the best scorer in the NBA today, so it is only fitting he is considered to have the best beard. How can he not be? He has turned a great beard into one of the main images of the NBA. Hopefully Lil’ B does not curse his beard though!