Banksy And Steve Jobs

Banksy And Steve Jobs

Migrants can be successful.

458
Banksy And Steve Jobs

As you may know, Banksy is a famous and anonymous graffiti artist. His work is beautiful and unique. Banksy is a political activist, so a lot of his work has to do with politics and current events in the world. Banksy has become famous throughout the entire world. However, his work is most prominent in Bristol, England.

Banksy’s work is always meaningful and always has a purpose. It may come off as depressing and negative, but the pieces mean something. The designs of his artwork catch your eye and make you want to see more of his art.

One of Banksy’s most recent pieces of graffiti art is the mural of Steve Jobs. This mural hit the news headlines because of the meaning it has behind it. This piece is in Calais, France. It is painted on a concrete bridge in a refugee camp. The image is of Steve Jobs carrying a sack over his shoulder and a Macintosh computer. The caption in the piece of artwork says, “The son of a migrant from Syria.” Obviously, this would be a controversial topic. I appreciate the fact that Banksy brings in controversial topics in a peaceful way. Apple, being a prestigious and extremely wealthy company, was started by Steve Jobs, a Syrian migrant.

Banksy is trying to help refugees. You may or may not have heard of Dismaland. Dismaland is a theme park that Banksy created. He announced earlier this year that the theme park would be turned into a shelter for migrants in the Calais camp. Many people are trying to visit and view the mural. There is a charge to do so.

The Steve Jobs piece is literally in the middle of the refugee camp, painting a real impression on people every day. On the ride side of the image, sort of off to the side, it reads, “Nobody deserves to live this way.” Banksy has done a few pieces in Calais based on the migrant issues.

Another piece in the camp is a graffiti art of people on a boat that is falling apart. The people are deteriorating and clearly struggling. They are looking off into the distance at another boat that is in good shape with a helicopter around it. This exemplifies that the migrants are helpless and in desperate need of some assistance. Written next to the piece of art is, “We’re not all in the same boat.” Banksy has brought hope to the people of Calais.

He is showing that he understands them and is on their side. He is willing to help them with “Dismal Aid” by providing them with a place to say and resources to use. These refugees were being forced to move to Germany. They have spent many years learning the English language, and for them to have to start over would be complicated and unjust. These refugees say they will live anywhere in the United Kingdom as long as they are there. These aren’t just adults. These are families. These are children. These are babies. Banksy continues to make graffiti art that makes a relevant statement and really hits the heart.