What Jim & Pam Taught Me About Relationship Goals

God bless the Office

269

If you have ever seen "The Office," you would agree that Pam and Jim are one of the best couples of all time. There's something about the relationship of this couple that seems so attainable, that it's hard not to want to have their relationship. Starting from a friendship in their office to both admitting their feelings for each other, it just all comes together to perfectly after waiting so long for them to finally become a couple.

I started to re-watch the series only to become once again obsessed with Jim and Pam's perfectly silly relationship, and so I decided to highlight some of the best moments they had together on the show.

1. How they bond over pranks
Right away, you start to become team Pam and Jim from the way they are always teaming up on pranking their coworkers, especially Dwight. It becomes the basis of their friendship and will make you mad every time Roy comes in the office and interrupts Pam and Jim's plan for the next prank. It's so cute how silly and childish they are together and it makes you just want to put office supplies in jello with someone you like.

2. Jim's Secret Santa Gift for Pam
During one of the earlier seasons when Pam is still engaged to Roy, Jim is in charge of getting Pam something for Secret Santa. You can see how much effort Jim puts into his present for her, even though they are just friends. This episode underlines just how much Jim cares about Pam because he cares enough to make sure he gets her something she will really like.

3. When Jim tells Pam he's in love with her
Jim finally gives the people what they want when he admits his feelings for Pam. He tells her he's in love with her, even though she is still engaged to Roy. Pam is caught off guard but it doesn't matter because all watchers are just happy with the fact she finally knows. Thanks for manning up, Jim.

4. And then has to kiss her
As if Jim telling Pam he loves her wasn't enough, he then goes in and kisses her. What a day to be alive people. The way he walks toward her makes him seem so vulnerable, but when they kiss you can see the connection is there. It's so perfect and cute but then of course he decided to leave and work for another branch. Such a buzz kill. Regardless, this is definitely one of the most anticipated first-kisses known to TV.

5. Pam tells Jim how she feels at beach day
Jim goes to work at the Stamford branch and gets a girlfriend, which is obviously not okay. That branch ends up getting taken over by the Scranton branch so Jim and his new girlfriend start to work alongside Pam. Also, Pam broke off her engagement to Roy after Jim kisses her, so the timing is just all messed up for these two. But Jim being in a relationship doesn't stop Pam from telling him that she called of her wedding for him, in front of the entire branch including Jim's girlfriend. But now both of their feeling's have been let out in the open.

6. When Jim asks Pam out on their first date
Took them long enough, but the timing was finally right for their friendship to turn into a relationship. Jim decides to take his name out of the running for a corporate position and interrupts Pam while talking about how the timing was never right for her and Jim and boom just like that, they have plans to go to dinner. The reaction Pam has to this unexpected question leaves all watchers feeling as if they just got asked out by their biggest crush. Swoon.

7. How Jim buys an engagement ring after a week of dating
Jim and Pam are finally a couple. But to make things even more adorable? Jim admits that he bought an engagement ring a week into them dating. For most couples, this would be weird and creepy. But for watchers, we all know that they are meant to be so we couldn't be more excited that he already has the ring.

8. How Jim is supportive of Pam's dreams
Pam gets accepted into a graphic design program, which means she'll have to live in New York for 3 months. Instead of being mad about the distance, Jim continues being the perfect boyfriend that he is and shows full support of Pam pursuing her dreams.

9. When Jim can't wait to propose
Pam is still away at graphic design school when Jim makes the decision that he can't wait any longer to be engaged to Pam. He calls her up to meet him halfway between Scranton and New York to have lunch, but this isn't the only thing he has on his agenda. Meeting at a gas station, Jim gets on one knee and asks for Pam's hand in marriage. Could've been in a more romantic spot, but it doesn't matter because the day has finally arrived. Pam and Jim are going to get married.

10. When Pam says how her and Jim are soulmates
Pam's father decides to leave her mother after Jim tells her dad how he feels about Pam. Her dad realizes he never felt that way about her mother, but Pam realizes something about her own relationship in the process. She realizes that her children will be right when they assume her and Jim are soulmates, and this is another reason why their relationship are actual relationship goals.

11. When they find out they're pregnant
At the company picnic, Pam hurts her ankle playing volleyball so her and Jim go to the hospital. While she's getting checked out, the doctor finds out that she is pregnant. The reaction Jim has is so genuine that it almost seems real. Had to re-watch this scene about 15 times it's just too damn cute. Goals.

12. And last but not least, their wedding
It's perfect. Obviously Michael Scott makes things awkward as always and some things get messed up, but would it really be their wedding if some things didn't get in the way? I'll never be able to listen to Forever by Chris Brown without thinking of this happy episode.

Pam and Jim, thanks for being one of the best couples ever known to television.