Pray For Our World

Pray For Our World

Lift up our world in her time of confusion and violence.

488
Pray For Our World
Catholic World News

Our world is in chaos. Attacks are happening everywhere: Paris, Nigeria, the Middle East and so many other places. Sometimes it is hard to keep track of what is going on and where because so much is happening all around us. I know that I am often tempted to shut out all the news of these terrible events and pretend that nothing is wrong. It is so easy to get caught up in our small communities and forget those who are suffering in the rest of the world.

This is not going to be a post reporting on all the current events; if you want to find out more about that, there are news sights and other amazing authors who can inform you better than I can. What I want to do here is to encourage my community and my world to look to the rest of the world and to never stop praying. I simply want to say that our world needs help, help that we cannot give it on our own. We need the strength of a Divine Power to come and help our world.

I have seen people getting groups together, making care packages, organizing rescue teams and setting up plans to help the people around the world who are being attacked. I see people supporting the men and women that are fighting these attackers. I see people who are stopping their selfish acts for a few moments and focusing their energy on others who need it. This lifts my spirits and gives me so much hope.

Yet I know that man's strength alone is not enough. We need to be praying for our world, praying for God to protect it, praying for Him to heal it and to guide us in rebuilding it. We need to pray for strength for us as individuals, that we would never loose heart. Pray that our strength would be ever stronger in this time of confusion and chaos. Pray that we would never give up on God and our faith. No matter what happens, God is good. He has a plan, and it may involve mass destruction. We simply have to trust Him that He is letting this happen for His glory. Let us show Him glory now in this time of darkness by praying and lifting His name up. Below is a prayer that I have been repeating over the last few days. It has given me peace and hope in this time of so much confusion. Enjoy.

Dear Heavenly Father, I know that you are good. I know you have a plan for this world that is beyond comprehension. I know that the Bible talks about wars and destruction occurring before you return. I pray that you would give me comfort in that fact. I also pray for those affected by violence and attacks all over the world in Paris, in Nigeria and in the Middle East. Lord, so much destruction and hatred is taking place. I pray that you would give everyone involved in these attacks peace. Help them to rebuild their lives and to feel your presence in their lives. I pray that you would give comfort to those who have lost loved ones and that you would heal those who are injured. In your holy name I pray, Amen.