Why You Should Support Lilly Pulitzer for Target

8

Since the news broke that Lilly Pulitzer was collaborating with Target this past week, I have heard all types of reactions — a few excited, but most of which were very negative. Multiple girls have tweeted, posted and commented all over the Internet that this partnership with Target was ruining their love for Lilly.      

I, for one, have always loved Lilly. I have the scarves, tote bags, more dresses than you can imagine, stationary, shoes, and even as I write this article, I’m sitting on the Lilly Pulitzer duvet on my bed. So you could definitely say that I am a Lilly fanatic, and this new partnership is only making my love for Lilly grow.       

The limited edition collection is said to have 250 different pieces including fifteen brand new prints made especially for Target. Not only will the collection include clothing, bags, and shoes, but the collection will also have home décor for the first time in Lilly history. This will include outdoor furniture and dinette pieces, which are the perfect addition to any college girl’s dining room table.      

So … does this mean there will be more Lilly prints than ever before? I can buy a Lilly hammock? And I can even purchase those adorable pillows I always see in stores that are never for sale? Yes, yes and yes. April is going to be one long and crazy Lilly Pulitzer-filled month. The limited edition collection debuts online and in stores on April 19th, and I expect there will be Lilly lovers (new and old) lining the sidewalks of Target stores all over the United States early that morning.      

I think that this partnership says incredible things for the Lilly Pulitzer Company. It shows that they aren’t too proud to create a collection that more women can afford. By collaborating with Target, many women all over the world may be able to make a Lilly purchase for the first time. We all remember our first Lilly print and how classy and fabulous it made us feel.  

As this is a limited edition collection, I do not see it cheapening the brand's image, only expanding the image to a larger audience of women for the short period of time the collection is available. I am not at all worried for the future of the Lilly Pulitzer company and the classy image it portrays. I think that Lilly Pulitzer herself would be proud of her company’s decision to appeal to a wider audience of women.    

Well, this spring and summer are going to be much more colorful as soon as Target’s debut of Lilly Pulitzer. I am very excited for this new collection and completely stand by the company's decision to partner with Target. I know where I’ll be on April 19th … standing in a checkout line with a Lilly Pulitzer hammock in my bright red Target cart.