Who Should Be the Next Han Solo?

Who Should Be the Next Han Solo?

Never tell me the odds!

82
Who Should Be the Next Han Solo?

Happy Comic-Con Everyone! The excitement surrounding this past weekends annual entertainment/comic/geek culture convention extravaganza has in many ways broke the internet (sorry Kim Kardashian, maybe next time). One of the top stories coming from San Diego was Disney’s official announcement for the next Star Wars spinoff movie: Han Solo’s origin story.

Now to see Harrison Ford return to his iconic role would be ideal, but he’s not exactly in the same form as his 35-year-old self. We need a young actor, preferably under 30, who can pull off the roguish charm and wit of our favorite scruffy-looking nerf herder. The film is projected for a 2018 release date, and since Lucasfilm and Disney are currently busy handling Star Wars: The Force Awakens, I thought I’d make their job easier and give them my top picks to play the next Han Solo.

Anthony Ingruber, 25

So by far the easiet pick of them all, Anthony Ingruber starred this year along Harrson Ford in Age of Adaline as young Harrison himself. The similarities between the two is borderline unsettling, but this is the closest thing to Harrison Ford playing the role himself. Adaline is by far his biggest credit to date, but every actor needs a breakout role.

Chris Pratt, 36

Chris Pratt is Hollywood’s darling right now, starring in Guardians of the Galaxy and Jurassic World in the past year. Naturally charming and playing basically a goofier Han Solo in Guardians, Pratt could be a hole in one. Plus he's proven many times before that he can pull of a holster and a leather jacket. He would be 39 though by the time the film is released in 2018, and is already rumored to be taking on another iconic Harrison Ford role as Indiana Jones.

Liam Hemsworth, 25

Liam Hemsworth of the Aussie Hemsworth brothers is another favorite to play young Han. Hemsworth himself even mentioned the role during the Hunger Games panel at Comic Con. If anything, he has the looks, the energy and star power to take on the part. He has the action credentials after doing films like The Hunger Games and has the strength to take on big roles as seen by his recent casting in the Independence Day sequel. And as MTV.com pointed out, he even has Han’s cheeky smirk down.

Aaron Paul, 35

Aaron Paul has been rumored to be attached the part of young Han Solo for almost a year now, when the project was supposed to be headed by director Gareth Edwards. That's all changed now, but Paul was awarded 3 Emmy’s for his performance as Jesse Pinkman in Breaking Bad, making him the top actor among the rumored picks. He may not be the young Hollywood actor Lucasfilm is looking for, but unlike many of the up-and-comers he has the geek cred Star Wars fans respect. Like Pratt however, at 35 he is already as old as Harrison Ford was when he first played Han in Episode IV.

Taron Egerton, 25

After recently starring in Kingsmen: The Secret Service, Tarin Egerton has seen his popularlity in the U.S rise tremendously. The young Welsh actor is rumored to be at the top of Lucasfilm and Disney’s casting list, and we agree why. Kingsmen was a surprising successful film, both critically and at the box office where Taron starred along Colin Firth, an acting veteran. And fun Fact: he was named to GQ’s Top 50 Best Dressed British Men in 2015, so he clearly has the personal swagger to play young Han.

Nicholas Hoult, 25

According to reports, Taron’s top competition to land the part of Young Han Solo is fellow 25-year-old Brit Nicholas Hoult. Hoult is best known for his roles in the X-Men franchise, 2013 teen romance Warm Bodies and About a Boy alongside Hugh Grant. And just this past year, the young Brit showed off his darker side as the crazed Warrior Boy turned good-guy in Mad Max: Fury Road. Hoult is a fast rising star in Hollywood with the looks and acting chops to take on the iconic role of Han Solo. It’s not surprising he is one Lucasfilm’s leading picks.

Did we miss someone on the list?

If so, comment below or share with your dream casting to play our favorite space rogue!