Adele, We Can Hear You

Adele, We Can Hear You

Adele's road to making music history.

29
Adele, We Can Hear You

In Adele’s new single she asks us, “Hello, can you hear me?” To be honest, I think the entire world knows the answer to that question.

After taking a five-year hiatus from her music career, the one-of-a-kind artist is making an incredible comeback. Her first released single, “Hello” has already surpassed the hits for Taylor Swifts “Bad Blood,” in only a fraction of the time. The day after this single’s release, every social media platform was talking about it. Remixes, parodies and articles were all surrounding the emotions being evoked by this three-minute song. I never really knew why she was taking this break from her career and thought she just fell off the map. I decided this was the perfect opportunity to do some investigating to find out exactly what happened.

After winning six awards in the 2012 Grammys Adele announced that she would be leaving the industry for a few years to spend time on the “more important things in life,” such as her relationship with Simon Konecki. She wrote her entire album “21” about the post-breakup heartbreak, where a lot of the problems stemmed from spending too much time on her music career. This realization came to her during the recovery from her throat hemorrhage surgery. She gave complete appraisal to Simon who helped her recover and have the strength to perform at the Grammys. She performed her hit single, “Rolling in the Deep” which marked the first vocal performance since the previous October. The time in recovery helped her recognize how fast-paced her life was and that her vocal problem led her to a reevaluation of her life. She stated in an interview with “Vogue Magazine” that, “now I can have enough time to write a happy record. And be in love and be happy. And then I don't know what I'll do. Get married. Have some kids. Plant a nice vegetable patch." She really knows how to prioritize what is important in her life and doesn’t let the industry get in the way of that. She was so courageous and confident to live the life she wanted without pressure from the public or producers.

Each of her song albums corresponds with the year of her age. So her new album, “25,” is coming out November 20. She tells her fans that this album is going to be happier and more about her relationship with Simon. These past few years have really changed her and helped her grow out of the emotional baggage that once held her back. Since she has kept such a low profile she has had the opportunity to really focus on what she wanted the listeners to take away from her new album.

Everyone always kept Adele in the back of his or her minds, but the memory of her started to fade. Fans started losing hope just listening to her first two albums on repeat. A talent as powerful and unique as hers is pretty hard to replace. This comeback is likely going to make musical history. The hype that surrounds this album is so great because of the fact that it has been so long awaited. She is hosting her first concert before the actual release of her album at Radio City Music Hall in New York City on November 17. Already over 11,000 people are entering to get tickets to attend. She is taking such a different approach to what the industry usually expects from its artists. She told the “Rolling Stone” that she doesn’t even know if she is going on tour yet for this album. She is quite modest about her talent, and doesn’t want to get dragged into the toxicity of fame.

So mark your calendars and start counting down to the date of November 20. Her music will make us feel as though we personally connect to what she is going through in her life. She relates to her fans like no other artist quite can. Our radios, social media websites, and conversations are going to all revolve around Adele from that point forward. She tells “Rolling Stone” in her feature article that relating to the audience is, “not about your body of work. In most cases, it's about the song that reminds them of something in their lives. They take you into their heart.”