Save Lachlan Lantern Lighting

Save Lachlan Lantern Lighting

"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that death will tremble to take us" -Charles Bukowski

41
Save Lachlan Lantern Lighting

Let's give Lachlan a true chance to "Fight Like A Tiger"

The Clemson Family holds dear to all of its family members, especially the ones who seek out our help as a friend and support system. As many of our Tiger family members encounter difficult times, no matter how hard times get for some of these certain individuals, Clemson always amazes me with the lengths they will go to to help out our beloved community. No matter WHAT Clemson, as a family, takes care of each others no matter how hard the battle is. With recent heart breaking news of Lachlan Tannery, the Clemson Tri Delta's have truly outdone themselves by introducing Lachlan and his rare condition to the Clemson family in order for us to have the opportunity to help this wonderful child. The Tannery family and Tri Delta sisters have brought this amazing cause to our attention to insure a longer, brighter, and healthier life of one of our Clemson Tigers, Lachlan. 

Lachlan's Story:

Lachlan is a 21-month son, twin, and older brother who is suffering from a rare form of Leukemia called JMML (Juvenile Myelomonocytic Leukemia). In the next 6 to 8 weeks he needs to find a match for a bone marrow transplant, which is his only chance of beating JMML. He will be living at MUSC in Charleston, SC while he receives necessary chemo treatments and a bone marrow transplant. While in the hospital, he will only be able to have scheduled visits from his parents, twin, and younger brother who will be living close by. After he is released from MUSC, he will be living in Charleston up to 6 months, so he will be close to his doctors and for any necessary treatment he will need after his transplant.

...now you may ask yourself:

How can we as a Clemson family help out our fellow Tiger?

Tri Delta and friends of Lachlan’s will be hosting a Lantern Lighting to benefit the Tannery family and to make people aware of JMML. Lanterns may be purchased on Library Bridge the week of September 15-19 and 22-26 or from any Tri Delta member up until the event date. Lanterns are $10 a piece. 

Even though, you can not put a price tag on such a precious life, it's the donations and support that's going to help save Lachlan's life and steer his family into a more hopeful future. 

When is it? 

Sunday, September 28, 2014, Event begins at 6:00pm and the lantern lighting will be promptly at 8:00pm. We would love for everyone to attend, but if you cannot make it to the event, we will light your lantern for you. 

Where? 

–Lower Intramural Field 

How much is each Lantern? 

–Minimal $10 donation per lantern. 

–Purchase from any Tridelta or Meg Bishop in Sirrine 170 

–Checks may be made out to Meg Bishop

Why? (You mean WHY NOT?)

–To help Lachlan Tannery’s family with supplemental housing and medical cost related to JMML while at MUSC in Charleston, SC. 

Please feel free to contact me, or any other Tridelta with questions or concerns about the fundraiser! 

We are really excited about helping Lachlan and hope you are too!