Summer Expectations vs. Summer Reality

Summer Expectations vs. Summer Reality

You all know what these let-downs feel like.

23
Summer Expectations vs. Summer Reality
wireless-dallas.com

There are still a few weeks of summer left before the new year starts. Are our Snapchat stories loaded with crazy spontaneous moments? Or are our Instagrams lined up with scenic pictures of sunsets and beaches?

Though we always insist on summer being long and stress-free, is every moment really the biggest adventure yet? Are we really on the beach every day, reading a book, sipping on sweet tea? Here are a few expectations versus reality of the summer season:

The Summer Bod

Expectation: With upcoming vacations and planned trips in mind, we are all motivated to eat healthier and work more toward that summer body.

Reality: We all know that the invention of air conditioning should be put to good use while enjoying your favorite shows with a side of ice cream, right? Or a pint of ice cream…go big or go home.

Being Home

Expectations: Being at home is so exciting! You get to catch up with your childhood friends and chat about what happened over the school year because you guys kept in great contact despite your hectic schedules.

Reality: Being home from college involves lots of awkward experiences: waving to people you sorta recognize/remember or trying to avoid making eye contact in order to avoid trivial conversation.

Family Gatherings

Expectations: Aren't we all excited for reunions filled with fun, food, and family? Greeting people you haven’t seen in years and hugging aunts and uncles you’ve never met?!

Reality
: We want family gatherings to end before they even start. Whoever gets asked what they want to do with their lives after school ends gets another piece of cake.

Going on vacation

During the summertime, we usually have more time to travel to new destinations to explore and become more cultured. Before even arriving, we know when it was founded and who it was established by. Who needs a tour?

Expectations:

Reality
:

The Beach

Expectations: Like the movies, we want people to notice our graceful runs along the shore, skin glistening in the sunlight, and the sea breeze blowing our hair back.

Reality: Unlike the movies, we accidentally fell into a great nap and woke up a few shades pinker.

On the weekends

Expectations: While we all expect our weekends to be as fun as they are at school...

Reality: We can't wait to be back with all our friends on campus.