A Definitive List Of The Best Songs On Taylor Swift's '1989'

Yes, this is an opinionated Taylor Swift listicle.

300
GIPHY

Love her or hate her, it's actually impossible to live nowadays without seeing her face somewhere or hearing one of her songs on the radio. Yes, Taylor Swift is a pretty large part of everyone's lives (especially mine). With her latest album, 1989, winning album of the year, this is a definitive list of the 10 best songs (including the bonus tracks).

10. Welcome To New York

Why is this included? Well I have a little bias because I'm from the New York myself, but aside from that, it's nice to see Taylor making a song that isn't about relationships a break up. Variety is the spice of life.

9. I Know Places

This song is just so smartly written. The imagery is so strong that I feel genuinely concerned for Taylor's well being.

8. I Wish You Would

Such a fun and satisfying chorus. It dynamically flows up and down, all while staying light and easy on the ears.

7. Shake It Off

One thing Tay does better than anyone else is repetition. This song is the epitome of that, but who can resist the urge to dance when this comes on?

6. Style

A great song! So groovy and that 2nd verse is just bursting with soul. Always a fun song that will never go out of style.

5. Wildest Dreams

Of all the songs on 1989, this one definitely seems the most dreamy, almost trance-like. I love the music video for this song. My friends can attest, I watched it at least 850 times.

4. Clean

The better of the two ballads on 1989, leaves a huge impression on any listener. It's a super relatable song that brings the feels to the album. Backup vocals by Imogen Heap gives this song bonus points.

3. Blank Space

There's a solid beat and strong 90's pop era feel in Blank Space. Taylor poking fun at herself with satirical lyrics just makes the catchy song even more fun. The music video is also pretty great.

2. New Romantics

Even though it was a bonus track, it's going to be the next single! A fast paced song that's hard to get out of your head. It's definitely a classic Taylor tune right from the start.

1. Wonderland

The whole album is amazing, but this is undoubtedly my favorite song on there. A wonderfully written song with a deeper background sound, one of my favorite bridges, and amazing fluidity. Astonished that this wasn't included in the original album. If this doesn't get made into a single I'll be super sad.

And for all you haters out there: