The 5 Best Places To Move If Donald Trump Becomes President

Five places to where you might want to consider relocating if Trump enters the White House.

244

For some people, the idea of Donald Trump becoming the next President of the United States is completely absurd. However ridiculous it may be, Trump has managed to find himself at the top of the list of Republican candidates. Each day we're closer to living in a nation lead by a man who frequently refers to fellow Americans as “stupid.” Although watching him during the debate has become a national pastime, the laughs will end when reality kicks in, and Trump is calling the shots. It’s time to start planning ahead. In no specific order, here are a few ideal places to relocate if Donald Trump becomes the next President of The United States.

1. Singapore

Yeah, it might be kind of far from the states, but Trump won’t be able to find you here! You’ll also never have to deal with crazy weather highs and lows that can come with living in America. For those of you who live down South and enjoy the heat, Singapore has a pretty constant, warm temperature. While the cost of living is pricey, Singapore has much lower taxation and a higher disposable income for its inhabitants. Additionally, saving money here is not a problem. Because taxis, cabs, and public transportation are so cheap and available, owning a car is not necessary.

2. Switzerland

Swiss chocolate isn’t the only thing that’ll draw you to this place if you’re needing less Donald Trump in your life. Not a lot of other places in the world are ranked as high as Switzerland is as far as quality of life. Like Singapore, taxes are low in Switzerland, and disposable income is higher to accommodate a higher cost of living. If you live somewhere up North in a cooler, more mountainous region, Switzerland is somewhere you might flourish. You’ll want to move here if you’re the outdoorsy type what with all the opportunities to go hiking and skiing. Who knows, maybe Donald Trump placed a ban on outdoor activities in America. You never know

3. Belize

OK, so this is definitely a destination for some U.S. vacationers. If you find yourself craving a little more tropical and a little less Trump, Belize is an ideal location for you to start a new life. English is spoken here for the most part, so no need to worry about feeling a disconnect when interacting with the locals. Living here is cheap. I mean, really cheap. Imagine an affordable life in a tropical paradise. Nice, right? Even better, you wouldn’t have to worry about Donald Trump putting regulations on palm trees or raising taxes on sunblock.

4. Canada

This place is probably one of the first contenders on a lot of Americans' evacuation plans in case they ever see the day Donald Trump is called President. It’s close enough in relation to the United States, so visiting unfortunate friends and family who did not make an escape plan isn’t a very difficult task. Aside from proximity to the U.S. and all the reported Bigfoot sightings, Canada has a multitude of benefits for the average American. Canada has a strong economy and finding a job here won’t be hard to do if you are a skilled worker. With a low inflation rate, Canada is a great place for families seeking an affordable means of living. If you move to Canada, Donald Trump will never be able to take your maple syrup away.

5. Portugal

If you currently reside in one of the United State’s bigger cities, then Portugal might be a promising alternative. It’s right in the middle of three continents: North America, Europe, and Africa, so travelling back to your native home won’t be too hard. It is also very English-friendly, but you’ll have the opportunity to learn many other languages, because 90 percent of the population speaks a foreign language. With a well-defined border and political stability, Portugal is looking better and better while we all watch Trump pack his things up for his move to the White House.

Yes, it may be funny to watch this man make a fool of himself on national television. However, as we come closer to Election Day, it might be a better idea to stop laughing and start making a game plan.