14 Things Every Person With Tattoos Is Tired Of Hearing

My body is my journal and my tattoos are my story

471

I have tattoos and I love each and every one of them. They are a part of me and show my life story, the things I stand for, the things that are important to me. Yeah, I do like showing people them, but sometimes the questions and statements that come with having tattoos gets old.

Some people are just curious and really want to know the answer. Maybe they ask if your tattoos hurt because they might be getting one themselves. Other people don't like tattoos, think they are trashy and unattractive and try to put people down for having them. Either way, every person with tattoos is tired of hearing these things.

1. How is that going to look when you're older?

How is anybody's body going to look when they're older? A little wrinkly, a little saggy. Mine will just have tattoos on it, so yeah I will still look awesome.

2. What do they mean?

Either I just liked the design or you're about to get a really personal and long explanation.

3. Do your parents know?

Yes, no, maybe. Either way they will find out eventually.

4. Did they hurt?

Some places did, some places didn't. It depends on where you get it and your pain tolerance. No matter what it's not going to feel amazing, you are getting a needle stuck repeatedly into your body. But no, it doesn't feel like beestings and no I can't describe the pain for you. If you ask me though, I like the way it feels while getting a tattoo.

5. How are you going to get a job?

The workforce is becoming more accepting of people with tattoos. How can you not when so many people have them. Sure, some places still won't hire people, but as long as you don't have a very vulgar tattoo in most cases you will be fine. Besides, I shouldn't be judged by the art on my skin. I should get a job based on my brain, my personality, and my skill.

6. Do you regret it?

No, and I never will (unless it's poorly done). Even if the tattoo doesn't mean as much to me later in the future, it meant something to me in the past. It is part of my story, even if it is in the earlier chapters. NO RAGRETS!

7. How is that going to look in your wedding dress?

Beautiful and stunning.

8. That's going to look bad after you're pregnant.

Sure, my stomach and tattoo will stretch out when I'm pregnant. I also know that after having kids, once I lose the weight it won't go back to looking exactly the same, but why should it. It shows that I grew a human in my belly, which is another story to tell.

9. What will your kids think?

Who knows. They could be embarrassed or think that I'm a cool parent. I'll let them color them in and match me with some fake tattoos if they want. Maybe in the future when they're older we can get one together.

10. Why get something so permanent?

I always hear people say why get a tattoo? Why not just get a bumper sticker or something to hang on your wall? This tattoo wouldn't be on my body if I didn't want it to be. It means something special to me, I like how it looks, and I do want it to be on my body for the rest of my life. If I didn't want it to be I wouldn't get it.

11. Can I touch it?

I don't know why people feel the need to touch tattoos. Either way, no you cannot touch it.

12. You paid that much for a tattoo!?

Yes and I worked my butt off to afford it. I'm also saving up for my next tattoo. Paying cheap money gets you a cheap looking tattoo and infections, so I don't mind spending big money on something that is going to be on my body for the rest of my life.

13. Everybody has that tattoo.

Some tattoos are very popular, like dreamcatchers/"believe"/four leaf clovers/etc. I know that it is a very cliche tattoo, but it is unique to me, it's meaning is unique to me. Don't just dismiss my tattoo because many other people have it because it is special to me in it's own way.

14. Girls with tattoos are unattractive and unladylike.

OK. That's your opinion and I disagree. Tattoos are beautiful. It's a person showing part of their soul on their skin. Just because someone has tattoos doesn't mean they are going to start doing trashy things, it means they want to have something that is important to them on their body for the rest of their lives. Johnny Depp, a very attractive tattooed man once said

"My body is my journal and my tattoos are my story."