Your NJ Bucket List for 2016

Your NJ Bucket List for 2016

The things you have to do this year in New Jersey.

210
Your NJ Bucket List for 2016
mybergen.com

As much as I enjoy sitting inside and watching Netflix, summer is the time New Jersey thrives. The pools are open, the Shore is packed and people are generally a lot happier. Nothing says summer to me like sitting on the beach down the shore taking in the cool, ocean air. But this year, I decided I want adventure. I want to experience different things and places that I haven’t before. So I’ve decided to make a list of all the awesome places I want to go and I’m sharing them all with you:

1. Big Brook ParkMarlboro, NJ

Not only is Big Brook Park a great spot to hike, but apparently it's the coolest spot to look for fossils! If you search the river you can find a bunch of awesome fossils, such as shark teeth, and a whole collection of others. Totally cool, plus it's free!

2. Sussex County Sunflower Maze: Sandyston, NJ

Beautiful pictures and sunflowers! What more could you want? They offer sunflower maze scavenger hunts, and a build your own scarecrow contest. Definitely worth the trip!

3. Take the NJ Lighthouse Challenge

This contest is held in October and what contestants have to do is visit every lighthouse in New Jersey over the course of one weekend. You need to pick up a challenge souvenir at each lighthouse along the way. Not only do you get to travel around the great state to see all the lighthouses, but you'll get to see an awesome view from each lighthouse. Not to mention the great work out you'll be getting from climbing all those stairs!

4. Go to the Delsea Drive-In. (Delsea, NJ)

I need to see a movie here! It opened in 1947 and then reopened in 2004. This is New Jersey's only drive-in movie theatre and I would love to experience it. They allow you to have the old-time experience with today's technologies and healthy snacking options. What more could you ask for?

5. Climb inside Lucy the Elephant. (Margate, NJ)

This is one of the weirder places on this list, but the elephant is somewhat cute. When visiting here, you'll get a history of how Lucy ended up on the shores in Atlantic City, and you'll even get to climb the spiral staircase inside of her to bring you to the top (her back) to get some stunning views of the shore.

6. Pick my own strawberries (multiple locations)

There are a bunch of farms in New Jersey that allow you to come and pick your own strawberries. What's cooler than being able to pick your own fresh fruit and avoid the lines and hassle of a grocery store? You'll know exactly where they came from and you can even sneak a few bites without anyone noticing!

7. Drive the Haunted Clinton Road (West Milford, NJ)

I've driven Clinton Road a few times and I can tell you, it gets worse every time. The first time I drove Clinton Road I was sure I was in Hell. It never seemed to end. I thought maybe I was driving in circles and that this was all a joke, but in reality, the road is so dark and long that you begin to question your sanity. If that's not scary enough, the story behind Clinton Road makes the ride that much more horrifying. Be on the lookout for the red pick-up truck that's supposed to run drivers off the road.

8. Attend the Jersey Shore Food Truck Festival (Long Branch, NJ)

From May 28-30, the food truck festival is happening in Long Branch! If you love food on the go, or just want to try a bunch of awesome food from a truck, you have to be here. This is not something to miss.

9. Go on a Cape May Ghost Tour (Cape May, NJ)

I can say that I've done a couple of ghost tours in Cape May and I always want to do more. Nothing excites me quite like the history of this beautiful town. I swear to you, I've actually seen a ghost right at the top of this building pictured above. It was in December on the trolly tour a few years back. It was an outstanding experience.

10. Attend a concert at PNC Banks (Holmdel, NJ)

I've seen a good amount of concerts here and it's the best experience. Lawn seats are key. You can wander around and make a bunch of new friends. You also have plenty of room to dance around and sing your heart out. There's nothing like a concert at PNC Banks.

11. Ride all of the coasters at Six Flags Great Adventure (Jackson, NJ)

There is nothing like a day spent at Six Flags. The rides here are incredible. If you like thrill and you like rides, this is the best place to be. Home to the tallest and fastest roller coaster in the world, Kingda Ka, Six Flags Great Adventure provides you with the adrenaline rush you need.

11. Check out the Turtle Back Zoo (West Orange, NJ)

The Turtle Back Zoo has been around since I can remember and it's always been exciting to go there. They have a train ride around the zoo and many exciting new exhibits. Their newest exhibit is the giraffes. Opening April 1, 2016, you'll be able to see giraffes and a bunch of other exciting animals!

12. Attend the Balloon Festival (Readington, NJ)

This is an extremely popular event in NJ. The hot air balloon festival happens every year. I really want to go this year and experience the festival. It looks amazing and despite my fear of heights, I've always wanted to ride in a hot air balloon.

New Jersey has so much to offer that this list doesn't do it justice. Just remember, life is short and you're going to want to look back on your summers remember all the fun and crazy things you did, rather than sitting in the house, binge watching shows.