A Letter To My Younger Self | The Odyssey Online

A Letter To My Younger Self

Here is what you need to know.

15
A Letter To My Younger Self
tumblr.com

Dear younger me,

When you get older, you are going to be faced with a lot of discussions that you never imagined you would have to face. Many people will test you and try to prove you wrong.

Breathe.

This may seem like a lot, but the truth is, it is a lot. You will come to realize that the path you make is 100% up to you and you decide your future. There will be people who have been in your life forever that will bring you down and make you feel bad about yourself. Do not let this affect you the way I know it will.

There are a few steps you need to be prepared for.

1. It's okay to let go.

2. Just because they were important in your life, doesn't mean they were meant to stay that important.

3. If you are not gaining anything, then drop it.

4. You deserve to be happy, so be happy.

5. It is your life and do whatever you please.

6. Your happiness is worth more than anything in the world. Never forget that.

7. You deserve to be happy.

There is no reason to make yourself miserable over people who serve a single purpose of bringing you down. You have such a wonderful and bright future in front of you that may seem impossible to get to, but it is possible. You will have to jump and leap and climb and run through hurdles, but you will get there.

The world is filled with small things and this is just another small thing. You control your destiny and yes, you will want to quit and stop everything, but keep going. Keep jumping, keep running through hurdles. Cut out the negative energy in your life because you do not deserve it.

You deserve to smile, not cry yourself to sleep. People come and people go but in the end, you are the only one still around for the long run. Do not be afraid to speak up and say what is on your mind. Your feelings matter. End of story.