You Know You're A Cosmetologists' Daughter When... | The Odyssey Online

You Know You're A Cosmetologists' Daughter When...

11 ways to know you're A Cosmetologists' Daughter

12
Jacqueline Rondeau

To those of you who are related to, or the daughter of, a cosmetologist, you know that this profession requires a certain type of person. Usually, cosmetologists are patient, creative people. There are a lot of unique qualities you have to put up with to be related to a cosmetologist. There are also a lot of things that they have to put up with to be related to you.

You know you're a cosmetologists' daughter when....

1. You have no qualms about spontaneously dying your hair mystery colors. What could go wrong?

It doesn't matter how bad it gets, because mom can always fix it! Right?

Mom?

Please?

via GIPHY

2. You can recognize the smell of perm solution anywhere.

If you have ever had the horrible opportunity to fill your nostrils with the toxic scent of perm solution, you will never forget the smell. It falls somewhere in the spectrum between rotten eggs and skunk.

via GIPHY

3. You’re constantly thinking how to improve the appearance of others.

It's not really intentional. You just see someone walk by with bad highlights or boxed color covering their gorgeous locks and you cringe a little and think, "I could help you..."

via GIPHY

4. You change your hair more often than every six weeks.

You get bored so easily. As soon as you see what you look like with one hair style or color, you want to try the next one out.

It would only take a few minutes, right?

Maybe just a few more highlights?

Or a little trim?

via GIPHY

5. You knew how to properly curl your hair before you hit your teens.

Unlike the poor girl here, your mother gave you lecture upon lecture about the dangers of curing your hair. While everyone else looked awkward in their fifth grade photos, your curls were looking fly.

Thanks mom, for teaching me to curl away from my face.

via GIPHY

6. People don’t comment when you show up to work with drastically different hair.

You could have a totally different color or cut, but no one seems to pick up on the differences any longer. Your "drastically different" isn't shocking anyone. Next week it'll be something else.

via GIPHY

7. The rules of make-up are ingrained in your brain.

That blue eye-shadow better not reach your eyebrows, girlfriend. You're supposed to look like you're not wearing any make-up. Just enhance your natural beauty.

All things I heard while playing with my mothers make-up at a young age.

via GIPHY

8. You talk your friends into letting you do their hair.

Since everyone is broke and in college, you figure you have all the tools and necessities that you need to throw in a few highlights, so you ask your best friend if she'd be willing to let you experiment.

I mean, mom probably wouldn't let you leave if I screw up that badly.

She'd totally help fix it.

Right, mom?

via GIPHY

9. You’re constantly thinking about ways to improve your own appearance.

The latest trends keep changing and you just want to try everything at once. Only problem is, you usually end up with a pixie-cut following that philosophy.

via GIPHY

10. You give other people hair advice, even though you probably shouldn’t.

Sometimes, when you're in the store or in class, someone keeps talking about what they want to do next time they change their hair. You're at the ready with handy and helpful advice.

Even though you probably don't actually know what you're talking about.

via GIPHY

11.Your mother knows everyone’s life story.

Cosmetologists' do way more than what's in their job description. They listen to everyone's problems and give the best advice. Going out to the grocery store with your mom means risking running into a client, and getting caught in the middle of a mini therapy session.

via GIPHY