You Don't Need No Man (Or Woman)

You Don't Need No Man (Or Woman)

It's Okay to be Single

30
You Don't Need No Man (Or Woman)
www.alignleadership.com

It's okay to be single, it's as simple as that. Honestly, I like being single. Most college students think they absolutely need to find someone in college or they will be single forever. Well, let me tell you this, that's 100% not true. College is the time to find yourself and discover what you want to do for the rest of your life. You don't need a significant other dragging you down. A lot of people need to be with someone or else they aren't happy. I don't believe that happiness comes from dating, it comes from within. If you are one of those people who need to be with somebody to make you happy, that's completely okay too. I am going to tell you why I like being single. Maybe you will like some of these reasons too.

The main reason I like being single so much is because I can do whatever I want without having to please somebody else. I can just be me and I don't have to impress a single person. I can just be myself and I don't have to worry about making somebody else happy. I can focus on me. I'm not going to focus on a relationship if I'm not happy with myself.

Another reason is, I am a follower of Christ and I want to make sure the man I am with is too. If we aren't on the same page with religion, how am I ever going to be able to possibly get married and start a family with him? That's a big thing for a lot of people. When they are looking for somebody to date, they are looking for a soul mate, not somebody they are just going to sleep around with. Call me old fashion, but that's the way I was raised. No Tinder hookups for me.

I also don't want to push myself or pressure myself into finding a man. If you aren't emotionally or physically ready for a relationship, you don't need to find one. Everybody is different. Some people have been dating since middle school and some people haven't even gone on a date before. Either one is fine. Everybody moves at there own pace. Some people don't even mature until they start college.Just because your friends are in relationships, it doesn't mean you need to be in one. It's okay to be the third wheel sometimes. I get it because I'm the third wheel all the time and it's a lot more fun that way.

Lastly, I want a man who loves me for me. If they have a certain look they want me to look like or if they want me to act a certain way, they aren't worth it. It's important to be yourself. You don't want somebody else controlling your life. Your happiness is more important than any relationship you get yourself into. That goes for boyfriends/girlfriends and friendships. If you think they aren't treating you the way you deserve to be treated, break it off no matter how hard it's going to be. You might be depressed and lonely for a while, but your body will be happy you ended it. So next time, when you think you need to be in a relationship, remember you don't need one to be happy, Relationships don't buy happiness. Good family and friends and a happy heart is is all you need when you are down. Oh and maybe a good glass of wine too!