15 Things Only Tall Girls Will Understand

326

In a world that seems to be designed for short girls, any girl 5'10'' or taller can relate to the 15 things below.

1. Floods.

Trying to find jeans, sweatpants, or any other kind of pant that is long enough is nearly impossible, and when you finally find the perfect pair, it seems that over time they slowly turn into floods anyways.

2. "With all that height, I hope you're playing basketball (or any other sport where being tall is an advantage)."

I can't tell you how many times I've been asked this before. Fortunately, I do play basketball, but I'm sure that getting this question everywhere you go when you've never stepped foot on the court is annoying. Just because we're tall doesn't mean we're automatically athletic.

3. Being a foot taller than all of your friends when you decide to wear heels.

I used to be so afraid to wear heels because of this, but now I say, who cares? Love your height and feel confident in whatever you wear!

4. Having to reach things on high shelves for your short friends.

No matter how long they try to get it themselves by standing on their tippy toes and trying to climb on the counter tops, you always end up being the one getting the object for them.

5. Doubling up on towels at the beach or pool because just one isn't long enough when you're laying out.

This may be the only time long legs might qualify as a bad thing.

6. People asking "How's the weather up there?"

Exactly the same as it is down there.

7. Trying to find a maxi dress or skirt that actually touches the ground is the definition of the struggle.

This is actually worse than pants because at least jeans can be turned into capris.

8. Being taller than the bathroom stall.

I know I always feel real awkward when this happens.

9. Trying to fit your legs under a desk.

And then just deciding to sit sideways.

10. Debating whether to try on a dress because it may be a shirt on you.

Why not just rock it as a shirt with some leggings?

11. People asking exactly how tall you are followed by "Wow, that's tall!"

Yes, thank you. I know I'm tall and no, I'm not a model or interested in being one if that's your next question.

12. Sitting behind that obnoxious person on a plane that decides to recline their seat back and take away the leg room you barely even had in the first place.

Really? Let me just shine my light in your eyes and hope you move.

13. Trying to find your shoe size on a clearance rack.

Size 10 is rare and anything higher is essentially nonexistent.

14. Stretching your legs out in the bath tub is impossible.

A relaxing bubble bath turns into bending into different positions, trying to get comfortable.

15. Being compared to a giraffe.

Yes, giraffes are tall and so am I, but this is not a funny joke.

However, even though we tall girls struggle with at least one of these things on a daily basis, I know I wouldn't trade my height for the world!