Should I start writing? | The Odyssey Online
Life Stages

I Write For Myself But Let Me Know If I Can Help You

Grab a pen, or open notes on your phone! Also, don't forget to follow me.

35

I started writing when I was 10. Mostly, because it was another thing my then therapist recommended. I started writing because for me it was a coping mechanism. I used to write and burn the paper as a way of letting my emotions out and letting them fade. I don't burn what I write anymore; I keep them just to look back on it later.

I have times where I have no idea what to write about; other times I feel like I could write about anything. I have always thought that writing is a beautiful art. There are so many times of writing.

Personally, I do this and poetry and maybe the occasional short stories. I think it's an excellent way to stimulate creativity and let your brain relax. I recommend it to anybody who feels like their trapped in their head.

Write anything you have on your mind.

It doesn't have to make sense, you don't have to show anyone, and you don't have to talk if you don't feel like it. I am not sure how many people read my articles, but I hope it helps even a little bit. In a sense, I am thinking of making this a place where I can write about what I want and also getting people to tell me what they'd like to read.

If you have any comment/suggestions feel free to drop them off in my DMs on Instagram @Vanessa.Rzm